Give it back........ (Read 31 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Give it back........
04/09/16 at 07:28:39

Why would you offer to give it back IF you did nut'n wrong?

Sorta like the Clinton's who made a tax error of under reporting and after being caught, said they would pay it?

Politicians, they live by different rules I guess. I just got hammered on taxes too, darn...... next year my computer will crash, so sorry!

FBI probing Mayor de Blasio's fundraising activities

US Attorney Preet Bharara now has Mayor de Blasio in his cross hairs — investigating his campaign fund-raising activities as part of a widening probe into NYPD corruption, sources said yesterday.

The feds are looking at how the mayor solicits campaign cash from members of the real-estate industry — and the fund-raising activities of his former campaign treasurer, Ross Offinger, the sources said.

A source who dealt with Offinger told The Post he “plays fast and loose” with campaign-finance regulations.

The Post revealed on Tuesday that de Blasio took campaign contributions from Jona Rechnitz, a real-estate investor suspected of giving high-ranking cops ­expensive gifts in exchange for favors.

Rechnitz and Jeremy Reichberg, who both served on the mayor’s inaugural committee in 2013, are at the center of the NYPD ­investigation.

Rechnitz donated $50,000 to de Blasio’s nonprofit group, the Campaign for One New York, and Rechnitz and his wife shelled out the maximum $9,900 to the mayor’s 2013 campaign, records show.

In addition, Rechnitz was one of the biggest bundlers for de Blasio’s campaign, raking in more than $40,000 from contributors.

Hizzoner made his first visit to Borough Park after taking office in 2014 to Reichberg’s million-dollar-plus home for a Campaign for One New York fund-raiser.

De Blasio campaign operatives said they will give back the donations from Rechnitz and his wife but keep the more than $40,000 in bundled contributions.

“We are fully confident that the campaign has conducted itself legally and appropriately at all times,” campaign spokesman Dan Levitan said.

Earlier this week, de Blasio said he wouldn’t make any “final judgments” regarding Rechnitz’s donations until the investigation is complete. Asked why de Blasio changed his mind Friday, a City Hall source said, “You’ll have to ask the mayor.”

Hizzoner also does not plan to return the $50,000 that went to the Campaign for One New York.

The mayor announced last month that he was disbanding the Campaign for One New York after good-government groups called for an probe into whether it was ­violating campaign-finance and conflict-of-interest laws.

De Blasio insisted that the group had simply accomplished its mission.

The $102,300 that Rechnitz, who runs the real-estate firm JSR Capital, gave to Senate Democrats at de Blasio’s urging will not be returned, either.

Another politician, Sen. Adriano Espaillat, a congressional hopeful, confirmed Friday that he is returning more than $14,000 in donations he received from Rechnitz.

Offinger was also treasurer of the nonprofit and once served as a campaign-finance director for Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Give it back........
Reply #1 - 04/09/16 at 13:50:08

Yes, officer, I Am leaving a bank where I don't have an account. And, yes, I Do have fifty thousand dollars in the satchel and I have a gun.. I will give the teller the money and, we can just call it even, okay?

How about..
Judge Hatesyou was caught breaking the law and will resign, effective immediately. No charges are expected to be filed.

A Catholic priest, caught with a little boys pants down, will be forced to transfer to another parish, because all the parents here know what he will do, so, in order to be sure that he can find children to molest, he must be sent away.

I was just a kid when it was a common story in the paper. I was so confused. I didn't, and still don't, understand why they weren't arrested.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #2 - 04/09/16 at 16:11:46

I didn't, and still don't, understand why they weren't arrested.

Your not the only one...

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #3 - 04/09/16 at 20:51:30

Justin, I shared your confusion until I read up on Affluenza and the research the FBI performed on the wealthy and white-collar psychopaths ... then it all fell into place ...

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 04/09/16 at 21:09:40

I think I'm happier Not understanding.
I still think that, since the Affluenza Kid had been Raised to Not Be Responsible, and HE wasn't responsible for HIS behavior, then Mommy and Daddy ARE. Someone should've gone to jail.
Pretty crappy watching some rich spoiled brat get away with murder, but to lose someone and then they tell you, not only is the rich spoiled brat getting away with it, but that is WHY he's getting away with it. Talk about reason, turned on its head.
I don't know, maybe it seems reasonable to someone. Not me.
Anyone? Bueller?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 22:46:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Give it back........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.