Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Wifi signal booster
04/03/16 at 03:58:41

As we roll around on trips, we use Campground Wifi a lot with our phones and such.

Some campgrounds have decent cabin location to the site's wifi Router set up.   Case in point would be Blue Ridge Campground, which has an owner who cares about stuff like a decent router.   His wifi zone just barely reaches Cabin #4 which is the one we like to use.

Other campgrounds are not so hot, their router is basically for the office folks to use in the office.   They will give you the password if you ask, but the power of the thing is often lacking to go out even 25 feet or so.  

So, I have been investigating them cell phone wifi boosters as a class and have come across a dual band unit straight from China that seems to claim some decent specs and a decent price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161908939791?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=...

Is it for real?    Who knows ???   Only one way to find out and that is to try to order it and check it out when (and if) it ever shows up.

So that is what I did.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Wifi signal booster
Reply #1 - 04/03/16 at 07:06:23

So OldFeller

I'd like to  extend my range at the house to include Dave's sleeping quarters !  Roll Eyes
Do ya think this might be the right tool ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 04/03/16 at 07:34:35

I will tell you once it arrives.    I read the stuff and it sounds good, but doing it is believing it.  

You could put it out on the covered deck area and let it project all over your yard and into the stone house.

Stone house -- that may present a problem as stone is very dense and difficult for wifi to go through.

The power lines in the stone house are the same as the ones inside the main house, right?

You could use one of these and bypass all the dense rock issues.   Watch out for the pricing as you need two of them and some of these offerings are just for a single "receiver" unit.  

And, if the original stone house runs a separate meter and junction box from the main house, it won't work as the wiring isn't common between socket receiver in the stone house and the sender unit connected to your router in the main house.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-k...

Last, you are running a phone based system that possibly isn't normal cable wifi technology but instead perhaps some sort of special phone company technology ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 04/03/16 at 11:23:51

Thanks OldFeller

I have Magic-Jack phone that basically is "Internet Phone" with a few bells and whistles .   So if the Internet blinks , so does the phone and the call gets drop-ed.   We are far enough from town that the net blinks often !  Sad  But we are also the last fast internet on the route from town , so I'm glad to have what we get.   We do watch Net-Felix with no problem and have unlimited data.  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 13:59:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Wifi signal booster

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.