Proving it's worth! (Read 143 times)
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Proving it's worth!
03/29/16 at 09:16:11

Okay so as many of you know, I've decided to sell.  This thread isn't an attempt to drum up buyers, the majority of you are not in the market for an S40...you're already proud owners.  The purpose is invite you all to watch and see what a 2005 S40 in decent upkeep will fetch in a fair ebay auction with no reserve at the beginning of the riding season. I'm hoping for a good sale so any positive energy you guys might put into universe is appreciated.  Here's the link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252334840961

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
HovisPresley
Serious Thumper

Good Vibrations!

Midlands, UK
Re: Proving it's worth!
Reply #1 - 03/29/16 at 09:37:12

That's a beauty, I like the chrome trim around the tank, mudguards, etc.
Good luck with the auction  Cool

'96 Bobbobbobber
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #2 - 03/29/16 at 13:17:02

All the best with the auction, mate. 1 bid already..

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/29/16 at 14:11:49

nice! first bid 1400
the bids start jumping a lot once the auction gets close to ending

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #4 - 03/29/16 at 23:57:14

Thanks guys!  I'm expecting an exciting close to this auction.  With the crazy number of views it's getting and the number of watchers, I'm thinking this could get very competitive in the final hours.

I know we all feel like our bikes are worth more than what they will ultimately sell for because of the time and love we've given them.  It's my belief that if you put up an enthusiastic well thought out listing with no reserve and no bullsh!t, you can trust the buyers to come up to the right value on their own and everyone will be happy in the end.  For me, it's also really important that my bike gets an owner that will love her and ride her a lot.  I feel like a listing with no reserve is important for that.  Everyone gets a fair shot at her, but only the best man can win. (or woman)

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #5 - 04/03/16 at 20:14:44

My bike sold today for $1,675.  Keep in mind that I paid $1,500 for it a year ago and in that time I did a few upgrades including a new battery, tires, brake pads, and some cosmetic things.  I put 5,000 miles on her over the last year and I've had an enormously satisfying experience.  I'd say I came out ahead on this.  

I've gained a lot on experience and I've had the opportunity to share it here.  The value of that will continue to payoff for the rest of my life.  I may not be around as much going forward but I am a member here and I intend to stay one.  You haven't heard the last of me.  I like it here.

I suppose the moral of the story is, you can get a good deal on a Savage and if done right, enjoy her and then when the time is right sell her for more than you paid initially.  Along the way you can meet good people, learn invaluable lessons, and have a helluva great time.  Thanks to everyone here.  You're the best!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/13/24 at 12:57:31

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Proving it's worth!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.