Send Topic Print
Clutch ? (Read 40 times)
Struch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LA
Clutch ?
03/29/16 at 04:42:33

Ok so I have 2001 with 11000 on it. I'm experiencing next issue wile going up the gears it is not piking up mining revolutions go up I can hear it and bike slow starting to go. I guess it not going to jump like sport bikes but still (( more nouteseble on 3-4-5 if I go ease with the gas I can get it up to 85 mph but if I reev it not going  Embarrassed

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Clutch ?
Reply #1 - 03/29/16 at 05:35:43

There are several things that can cause the clutch to slip.

You need to confirm the clutch cable is not too tight - you should have just a bit of slack in the cable....so that when you pull the clutch lever it move a small amount before you feel the tension caused by the clutch springs.  Adjustment can be made at the lever with the adjuster.

What kind of motor oil are you using?  If you are using car oil that states it is "Energy Conserving" - then it likely has friction modifiers that can cause the clutch to slip.  You need to use a motor oil that is compatible with wet clutches....and also one that has 1,200ppm of ZDDP to protect your camshaft and rockers.  We recommend you use Shell Rotella T 15W-40 or Rotella T.

If the clutch is worn enough that there is no "free play" available, then you need to install a shorter clutch rod.  The lever on the right side of the transmission should be somewhere between the 2 index marks cast into the case.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1270678838/0

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Struch

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LA
Re: Clutch ?
Reply #2 - 03/29/16 at 22:45:54

Thanks for answer I change oil a week ago and I did put Rotella T. I going to make an adjustment on the lever because it engages in a half way not in the beginning. and we will go from there  Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:31:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.