Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
EM fuel-less drive proven by both NASA and Chinese (Read 239 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: EM fuel-less drive proven by both NASA and Chi
Reply #15 - 03/25/16 at 19:30:10

Um, you don't understand.....

I KNOW it is an SR71 suit..... those suits were made specifically to fly "above the envelope"..... and that patch IS an SR71 patch...there are many, over the years they changed. (I just posted one that looked similar, notice the dagger shape of the nose) The suit was a basis for the mercury suits and the orbiting laboratory suits (which did not have portable air packs but plugged into the air and oxygen systems). sorry about the edits... but that is Astronaut Bob Crippen in the picture.

Have to edit that the David Clark suit (DCS 1030) was the mainstay of the SR's suits, but for the space program the SR was a good starting point to test other suits.

A lot of the astronauts trained for the suits via the SR.... and all of them were pilots. (maybe not SR pilots, but pilots).

I was stationed at Kadena Air Force Base.... home of one of the wings that flew 24/7 missions. They were VERY proud of their heritage, and the accomplishments they made. Smiley

« Last Edit: 03/25/16 at 20:30:34 by old_rider »  

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #16 - 03/27/16 at 11:49:50

I am sure all the high altitude suits of that general era looked pretty much the same as they were all made by Goodyear, but unless you can show the SR71 emblem on that old suit (the one from the locked room at Kennedy Space Center alias Cape Canaveral) I guess we won't ever really know for sure.

There have been lots of references to Air Force people being up in space and there was indeed a tremendous push for "hands on" information gathering (U-2 and SR 71) during this same period of time, up until the unmanned NSA satellites got good enough to do the job by themselves.

Specifications of early Goodyear suits

Name: Mercury Spacesuit[2]

Derived from: Navy Mark IV[2]

Manufacturer: B.F. Goodrich Company[2]

Missions: MR-3 to MA-9

Function: Intra-vehicular activity (IVA)[2]

Pressure Type: Full[3]

Operating Pressure: 3.7 psi (25.5 kPa)[2]

Suit Weight: 22 lb (10 kg)[2]

Primary Life Support: Vehicle Provided[2]

Backup Life Support: Vehicle Provided[2]

Later models were foil covered for extra-vehicular use and these were equipped with self contained bottles of a special air mix and had little tiny rocket jets for rotation and motion.

========================================

But we do know the Air Force in space was real.    We are now being told it was cancelled before it ever flew (this covers all the stuff that has been found so far without saying we broke any agreements or treaties)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Gemini

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manned_Orbiting_Laboratory      This reference has the people listed, and better/more details since it has all been declassified.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 03/27/16 at 12:23:10

And for the youngsters, this is how genteel old farts have a disagreement -- first, admit the other person could be right, then place your evidence out clearly as to why you think your information is correct.

And, if you discover you can't know what really happened, just say so.  

What makes you ever think they are going to admit to having a NUCLEAR POWERED anything up there in space after signing multiple treaties to the contrary with Russia and the UN and all the rest of the world ????    

Forget about the nuclear powered 70's trips to Mars, it never happened ......

And forget all that odd stuff that was built on the dark side of the moon too.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #18 - 03/27/16 at 12:25:39

Retraction of my statement....
What I thought was a patch is actually just shadows.... it is not a patch at all.

It is an intake for suit pressure LOL.... I found a higher resolution picture.

A photo of the suit/w pilot climbing a ladder into an SR (ok which I don't have a photo of, we were not allowed to take camera's into the Habu area) happened to be in the break room, of one of the hangers (which I probably shouldn't be saying). So I assumed (yup, i'm an ass), that the blurry right chest area was a patch (which is where they normally go), and it looked so much like the many I've seen, that I was for sure (there I go again) it was one.

Like I said before, they (the squadron) were VERY proud of their contributions to the air force space program, and the testing that was accomplished before the suits were to be used.

Here is that photo I mentioned...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 03/27/16 at 12:33:58

Those Right Stuff guys did some amazing things, whether we can know about it or not .....

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #20 - 03/27/16 at 12:42:34

LOL, and I was digging into my old photo's to see if I had snuck my old 110 camera in a couple times... I had a high clearance and while I was washing a couple of our F-4's and F-15's (yeah even a bomb loader was assigned to wash rack), they asked my level.

I was stationed at the rack for 2 months while awaiting a new position on a load crew. When they found my level was high enough, they brought over a couple to be "touched-up", I could only do the landing gear LOL Smiley

But I did get to know a few of the fella's and got a couple of tours...

No super top secret stuff was discussed (and you can see as much as I did if you go to any air museum where and SR71 is on display), just this is our area and this is what we do. I invited them over to watch a few loading sessions to even the score.

It might still be classified information.... so I cannot "prove" the picture was hanging there, and i'm not sure if they still have a program on the base. Just thought I would pass along, my input as to why I posted.

Now back to how we think the future of space flight and the EM drive are going to benefit the world !!! Smiley

IP Logged
dontwannapickle
YaBB Newbies

Woodbows and sharp
Rocks!

Huntsville, AL
Reply #21 - 04/01/16 at 11:53:48

"Rossi admits to working with NASA / Military on a LENR rocket drive"

OH! So that explains his MotoGP championships!

I'll never forget sitting on the seawall at the end of Kadena's airstrip one night and watching a Habu take-off overhead.  Right at the end of the runway he pointed the nose up at about a 75' angle and poured the coals to her as he spiraled up and away.  HOLY S---MOKE!!!!

'04 Savageless
I don't wanna pickle. I just wanna ride on my motorsickle.
And I don't wanna die, I just wanna ride on my motorcy...cle.
-Arlo Guthrie
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #22 - 11/07/16 at 14:52:55

update...

Quote:
The key finding in the paper is describes by the authors in the conclusion: “”The test campaign included a null thrust test effort to identify any mundane sources of impulsive thrust, however none were identified. “Thrust data from forward, reverse, and null suggests that the system is consistently performing with a thrust to power ratio of 1.2 ± 0.1 mN/kW [millinewtons per kilowatt]”

They state they did not try to optimise the thrust in their device since this was more of a proof-of-concept experiment. In comparing this experimental device to other propulsion methods, they state that it is an order of magnitude lower than current Hall thrusters, and an order of magnitude higher than light sails, laser propulsion and photon rockets.

More thrust in a fart.

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #23 - 11/07/16 at 15:03:27

You are correct in that the thrust is very small.   However, it is more than is generated by a solar sail based off any current known sail materials.

They still don't know if the effect is entangled with the earth's magnetic field in some fashion and yes there is a plan to put one up in space and turn it on to finally answer that question.  

Both the USA and Chinese military space programs are doing this as we speak.

http://www.sciencealert.com/the-impossible-em-drive-is-about-to-be-tested-in-...

...... and if it works as planned, you will see a new generation of planetary probes go out, collect hard data and then come back with the data, all in about six-eight months time.  

Eventually, they will see something we want ....

First asteroid mining robot ships will then go out,  bump up against a likely rock, test accelerate it to accurately judge the density and balance point of the thing, then push it on back towards home very slowly (at first, anyway).  

They estimate that a car sized chunk of space debris made up of heavy core elements would be ..... well worth the effort with profit to spare for everybody involved.    

Robotics needed to do this already exist, invented for the self driving cars.

Pick a part of the desert you are not EVER planning on using, and crash land your golden monkey as an aimed meteor.

Practice this a lot and get real good at it -- this is really an offensive weapon of moderate nuclear sized potential (remember, a rock projectile leaves no radiation behind, but those valuable core material layers will leave post crash radioactive stuff around all over the place)

« Last Edit: 11/12/16 at 06:32:28 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:34:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › EM fuel-less drive proven by both NASA and Chinese

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.