Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
craftsman 580.768210 power washer not starting (Read 312 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: craftsman 580.768210 power washer not starting
Reply #30 - 03/27/16 at 15:42:00

Tip choice, distance from wood.

Trial run on comparable wood, find out. I've wrecked wood.
I've gently cleaned wood. Technique matters.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 03/27/16 at 15:44:11

I am in Northeast, temperature definitely drops to single digits or even below zero.

But how do you drain pressure head or pump antifreeze? Or drain washer ling/wand?

Before storing, I'll just remove inlet water pipe, as well as outlet one and that's it. isn't it?

IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #32 - 03/27/16 at 15:46:26

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/27/16 at 15:42:00:
Tip choice, distance from wood.

Trial run on comparable wood, find out. I've wrecked wood.
I've gently cleaned wood. Technique matters.

Really great tip, makes sense and I know what you are saying. Technique and keeping an eye on pressure to make sure I am not going to drill a hole in the wood. Thanks JOG, you are very knowledgeable Sir  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #33 - 03/27/16 at 16:02:29

Yeah, and I only destroyed half a million dollars worth of stuff and hospitalized myself seven times to get here!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #34 - 03/27/16 at 16:07:22

Draining the wand is easy, just take the hose off the pump, hold the wand pointing up into the air with the hose on the ground then pull the trigger. The water will run out of the wand and hose. Just like draining a garden hose.
 Getting antifreeze into the pump is a little trickier, I would just take a short piece of garden hose and hook it up to the water inlet, pour a little antifreeze into it and then fire the washer up for about 15 seconds and watch the antifreeze get pulled in.
 They make a RV antifreeze that is non toxic which is what I used.
JOG is correct about holding the tip farther away from the wood. farther away gives a lot less pressure at the work.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #35 - 03/27/16 at 16:50:40

I hear you and makes sense. I usually always completely clean every water hose whatever I have used so far, just to make it a second nature.

Thanks for the tip about antifreeze, that's helpful  Smiley

IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #36 - 03/27/16 at 16:51:36

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/27/16 at 16:02:29:
Yeah, and I only destroyed half a million dollars worth of stuff and hospitalized myself seven times to get here!

500k damage, along with 7 visits- You definitely are some RICH guy and maybe a BIG man  Cool

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #37 - 03/27/16 at 19:35:11

maverickfhs wrote on 03/27/16 at 15:14:29:
But let me ask you guys, what cleaner/solution should I be using to clean the deck and driveway?

oxalic acid is also called wood bleach. it's the main ingredient in wood deck cleaner. i don't think you can buy the raw powder at the stores. can order it online.  mix with water, spray on with pump sprayer or mop on, soak for a bit and brush in real good then pressure wash off.

another product it TSP. trisodium phosphate. getting harder to find at lowes and HD. powder you mix with water, mop on wood and let it soak for a while, pressure wash off. it is often used to revive hardwood floors (i did it) and is good about lifting stubborn stains.

after your wood is clean and dry, a decent deck sealer sprayed with a pump sprayer will help keep it looking better than doing nothing.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 03/28/16 at 05:58:53

Since me being an 'el cheapo' what would be the best/cheapest cleaner for deck, as well as driveway?

Anything natural or made with things already present at home would be best!!! Cool

Any thoughts?

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #39 - 03/28/16 at 07:05:33

TSP is used as a pretreatment for paint. It only removes organic oils, doesn't really clean the surface well. Oxilatic acid is good for rust stain and is pretty mild when compaired to muratic acid which is a mixture surfuric and hydroclhoric acid, keep away from it, it's real nasty.
I would try a bleach mixture with a little dish washer soap mxed in for concrete or wood, just use it in a well ventilated area. The soap will clean the surface and the bleach will lighten it. Been using that mixture for years on just about everything. Scrub it on with a long handled brush and power wash it off.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 03/28/16 at 12:54:20

Thanks, could I add vinegar and baking soda to it too?

Or it'll be an overkill? Thanks

IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #41 - 03/28/16 at 13:13:00

Why? vinegar is a acid while baking soda is a base, all you will get is CO2 gas, water and some sort of crud left over. Just keep it simple, 1 part bleach to 8 parts water and a squrit of dishwashing soap mixed together outside. Scrub then power wash off. Don't use any amonia, it produces a real toxic gas when mixed with bleach, keep it simple like I've been saying. Luck with it

IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 03/28/16 at 13:25:17

Thank you. Sure, I'll try your recipe on wood and concrete, then report back Smiley

IP Logged
maverickfhs

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 03/28/16 at 19:18:45

I picked up a craftsman lawn mover today, again for $0 and FREE.

Model number 917.388201, B&S 550 Series Silver edition.

Looks in relatively good condition. Not running and blade needs to be adjusted/balanced or something, I have no clue what that is?

Any idea? I am going to follow the same procedure as power washer and see how it goes!

picture share

image upload

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #44 - 03/28/16 at 19:44:05

Before you start messing with the blade, unhook the plug wire.
Nuns and a ruler ain't got Nuthin on what a knuckle spanking you can get.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 15:55:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › craftsman 580.768210 power washer not starting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.