Send Topic Print
Fumoto? (Read 69 times)
Redryder652

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bergen County, New jersey
Fumoto?
03/23/16 at 15:58:26

Had anyone ever tried one of those fumoto oil drain valves on our suzuki one lungers? If so did you habe any luck? How was the fitment? I'm thinking about getting one.

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Re: Fumoto?
Reply #1 - 03/23/16 at 16:22:48

That's a bloody brilliant piece of engineering. I want one for my Ford F350 diesel.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 03/23/16 at 18:47:38

I'm not sure I would trust something that big dangling under my engine. It might get knocked off and dump all of the oil.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 03/24/16 at 03:29:37

Providing a link would keep us all from having to do a search (saves man hours).
http://www.fumotousa.com/

I don't think you are going to be able to screw that into the Savage....the valve casting will most likely hit the engine case.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #4 - 03/24/16 at 06:09:46

Kris01: I'm not sure I would trust something that big dangling under my engine. It might get knocked off and dump all of the oil.

My son put a similar device on his Mazda Miata. It had a little lever on it to open the drain. He drove over a speed bump in his girlfriend's parking lot and raked it off the oil pan with the expected consequences. Fortunately, he heard the valves beginning to clatter before he pulled out on the road. That little manoeuvre bent his oil pan and boogered the oil plug threads. Fortunately the threads were able to be retapped.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #5 - 03/24/16 at 12:23:57

I added a regular drain plug to a Ford 4R70W transmission. It wasn't as bulky as the Fumoto drain plug. It worked much better than having to drop a trans pan full of fluid! I'll stick with a regular drain plug on all of my vehicles. The regular ones have a 100 year track record and have proven themselves worthy on hundreds of millions of vehicles!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:16:04

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Fumoto?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.