Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print
so i locked my rear tire (Read 1274 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: so i locked my rear tire
Reply #150 - 04/23/16 at 20:35:54

jrobeson18 wrote on 04/23/16 at 19:10:39:
Anyone got a link to a timing chain kit? Chain tensioner and guides? I'll be getting a verslavy before 8k more miles. Just need to get this uo for the season, so they wife can have the jeep.

any oem store will have the cam chain, adjuster and guides.
btw, the front guide rarely sees much wear.

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #151 - 04/23/16 at 22:09:05

Build a mop. Tiny, but, it's a mop. Reach a rag into places your hand won't go. I have a couple out in the shop. You can get more crud outta the engine if you decide to. A long screwdriver, lean the bike over, let stuff slide to you. It's a problem. You can mindlessly dump oil in or look at the problem and be challenged mentally and think through the problem. Solve the problem.
Got a compressor?
How much crushed aluminum is laying on the bottom of the crankcase?
As far as I know, you're the only one who has ever seen this problem. I can't see the oil. I'm shooting in the dark. A picture or good description of the mess would help.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jrobeson18

Jeep and a Suzuki,
how can i lose?

Charlotte NC
Reply #152 - 04/25/16 at 03:31:15

The actual arm of the tensioner was so ground down, there it aluminum fragments everywhere. I'm think I'm going to have to take off both side covers and buy a compressor and shoot air and brake clean(or somthing safe and fast evaporating) to help get it all out. I've been using red shop rags on an extended tire plug clamp to get some out and moved toward the drain plug hole... Well I guess we will see how clean I can get it l, and them start ordering parts, I hope I can remember how to put it all back together. I have two decent sized springs that I dont remember taking off...

As far as I know I am the only person who's experienced this, I did some research and can't find anything on this happening.but life is a learning experience.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #153 - 04/25/16 at 05:24:53

but life is a learning experience

So true, right up until you get to learn how to die.

I'm down with the idea of popping the other side off. And laying it down and flushing.

If you get a little compressor, the One rule is, as soon as it kicks in, stop using air. I've heard so many people whine about them crapping out. The duty cycle of the motor is important. I had a cheap thirty gallon two hundred dollar one for several years. It just took so long to air up a tire. But, by stopping when it kicks in, it lasts.. I have a Big compressor now. It will catch up to any of my tools except for the air chisel.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jrobeson18

Jeep and a Suzuki,
how can i lose?

Charlotte NC
Reply #154 - 04/25/16 at 06:30:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/25/16 at 05:24:53:
but life is a learning experience

So true, right up until you get to learn how to die.

I say this with learning wrenching work around a bike as well as what to do.

I'm down with the idea of popping the other side off. And laying it down and flushing.

If you get a little compressor, the One rule is, as soon as it kicks in, stop using air. I've heard so many people whine about them crapping out. The duty cycle of the motor is important. I had a cheap thirty gallon two hundred dollar one for several years. It just took so long to air up a tire. But, by stopping when it kicks in, it lasts.. I have a Big compressor now. It will catch up to any of my tools except for the air chisel.

I had a 2.5 gallon and it was barely enough to use my impact wrench on a single lug. When I get another ill be getting a 30 gallon. What compressor are you using now?  I'd like to get one I know will last and be efficient with the air tools i have. Ingersol Rand impact, an air ratchet, small paint gun.

as far as pictures fo for the mess the engine has. It seems to be fairly was to clean after the other side is taken off. Just hope I can get by with just a 400$ fix, thats the cheapest I can find a chain, tensioner, guides, and a new tensioner clip.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #155 - 04/25/16 at 06:54:25

The compressor I have would probably be equalled by any 50 gallon, single stage two cylinder , 240 volt from Lowe's. I went to a compressor repair and sales outfit near Tyler. Had it about five years now. Wife says we paid six hundred, I believe her. The guy said we got the last one available with that quality of valves. Ring, valves, motor.. if one of those is crap, well..

I poured a small pad of cement, with bolts poking up,set it, plumbed it, built a roof over it. If it needs moved, I'm screwed.

IP Logged
jrobeson18

Jeep and a Suzuki,
how can i lose?

Charlotte NC
Reply #156 - 04/25/16 at 08:03:17

I hear ya. sounds like itd be a PITA to get in and out of there.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #157 - 04/25/16 at 11:09:33

Ohh yeah, the backhoe set it. Can't get in there now.

IP Logged
jrobeson18

Jeep and a Suzuki,
how can i lose?

Charlotte NC
Reply #158 - 04/25/16 at 16:45:44

Dang, speaking of tough situations
my friends ducati litre bike fell at my house, he parked it in oil and on a oily rag. He wasn't mad. But my little 100lbs butt had to pick it up. Talk about PITA

IP Logged
Suzukisavvy

You're Droolin,
While I'm Spoolin

Nebraska, USA
Reply #159 - 04/27/16 at 12:52:17

Wait do did you dump the whole bike over?

In my creepy robot voice.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #160 - 04/27/16 at 13:05:38

If I had chunks of and pulverized aluminum in the crankcase I'd be opening both sides and flushing, with it laying flat.

Before I did that I'd go to the oil galley access up on the front of the jug, open and shove something in. I would think diesel would make a decent flush.

If you have a compressor and a propane torch, you can modify a blower. A piece of 1/8" brass tubing about a foot long will get in places better than anything you've seen. And by putting a hole in the wall of a piece of 1/4" tubing and poking the blower tip into it and turning it and shoving it down the tubing a few inches, it will create flow, and one end can go in a gas can with diesel in it, the other will blast diesel out. Look up
Wash down gun
But, why spend money?
A propane bottle is eight bucks and the tip is about ten.
Well, it's been a while, so, go to the hardware store and see if you are interested. Hobby shops have the tubing.

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #161 - 04/27/16 at 17:05:05

If you dump it on it's side, might be a good idea to empty or remove the fuel tank and take the battery out.

IP Logged
jrobeson18

Jeep and a Suzuki,
how can i lose?

Charlotte NC
Reply #162 - 04/27/16 at 17:11:56

Tanks already off, battery can be out in a snap.
So lay it on its side and use air and oil ?

What's the diesel for?

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #163 - 04/27/16 at 17:49:40

It's a good cleaning fluid. Read what JoG wrote. He described making a venturi to blast diesel fuel thorugh the engine with compressed air to clean it out. It's good advice.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #164 - 04/27/16 at 18:28:25

Diesel is heavy enough to grab junk, light enough to blast out the improvised wash down gun, cheap enough to be able to afford it. Catch it if you can. Pour it through a filter, run it again.
It's not gonna choke you out, like brake parts cleaner. And, it's three bucks a gallon, not five bucks for twelve ounces.

Study the problem, devise an approach.
Remember, not all of life's problems were discussed in school.
I made my living solving problems that weren't in any books.
I solved the problem one day, the casing broke off, and the engineers designed a tool to pull it up. It broke, they tried again, it broke, I walked over, drew a design in the dirt, the welder built i t, it worked..
If nobody was ever smarter than their teacher, society would never have advanced.

Don't allow Them to tell You that You can't Do what They didn't Teach you How to do.

Study the Problem
Devise an approach

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 11:48:13

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › so i locked my rear tire

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.