In search of HP (Read 154 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: In search of HP
Reply #15 - 03/22/16 at 20:25:58

That's true. I'm typically the first one away from a light without even trying. I love the torque of this engine. I don't race it. Everyone else is just slower than me!

I ride with some fellers on really big bike and still wait on them and wonder "Why doin't they keep up ???  Huh"

Wink

I'm sure this is OldFellers fault somehow !!!  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 03/22/16 at 20:42:25

considering I've put a mohawk on my seat following you while you weren't even holding the bars........

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #17 - 03/22/16 at 20:58:25

If you want Horse Power, you spend mega green and buy a motorcycle with 180 -200 horse power at the rear wheel... Of course you may end up with a MAJOR laundry bill before you get it out of the dealership. But, Hay YOU have a motorcycle capable of going 200 MPH (for a rider capable of 60 MPH).      
 As I noted, the modification project I'm into (awaiting some parts). i.e. Carb, head cleanup/machineing, stage 3 cam, 10.5 Wiseco, and larger bore exuast system will net me 10-12 HP and about the same amount of additional torque. What it won't do is over stress the engine.  As long as I don't change my riding habits (cruse at 60/ 65 ) I'll get where I'm going and back with some extra ponies on tap if, and when, I need them. Cool

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 03/24/16 at 16:18:09

MMRanch wrote on 03/22/16 at 20:25:58:
That's true. I'm typically the first one away from a light without even trying. I love the torque of this engine. I don't race it. Everyone else is just slower than me!

I ride with some fellers on really big bike and still wait on them and wonder "Why doin't they keep up ???  Huh"

Wink

I'm sure this is OldFellers fault somehow !!!  Grin

I done ruined you --- you go on group rides and buzz up through the ranks and out the front without even twisting the throttle ....... and you grin while you are doing it.

Ruined Zeb too -- he was tilted that way already but I polished him up a bit for you.

I won't even ride a bike around town any more -- too too tame.

Dave, not so much -- unless it is raining hard.   Get him cold and wet and his inner Savage comes out every time ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 02:32:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › In search of HP

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.