Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
I thought it was windy! (Read 199 times)
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: I thought it was windy!
Reply #30 - 03/21/16 at 08:57:28

hahah I slapped together my carport with the 'eyball no plans' method, and it's not exactly a thing of beauty (or quite finished for that matter) but it's pretty solid, so what the heck

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #31 - 03/21/16 at 16:31:00

springman wrote on 03/20/16 at 20:28:24:
By the way, I call it my zig zag fence. I could not find my string when I got started and could not be bothered to go buy some. Yep, I eyeballed it. It probably would have been straighter if I would have had a few drinks first. Grin

I always have a ball of cotton string, or at least an old broken stick or broom or mop handle with about 150' or so on it.
I keep so much little crap and scraps, I could come up with something for just about any use.
I keep any type of little metal things I see on the ground when going into a store or parking lot, the wife knows this, so she brings me bolts, nuts and screws too.
Last month she brought me what she thought was a bearing race, that I could probably use as a spacer. It actually was a men's TRITON tungsten carbide ring with a silver filling.... not worth much, but it fits my right hand pinky finger and replaces the spacer I used to wear there (until I used it for a real spacer).

Anyway, I've always said "beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and if i'm holding it, driving it, or made it, it's a beauty!"  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #32 - 03/21/16 at 19:39:05

Good point there Old Rider. I tend to save up a lot of "junk" also which quite often does come in handy. The issue here is I know I have a spool of string, I just can't find it.

Well the fence is finished. The last 16 pickets or so were put up with me holding the board and flashlight while my son drove in the screws.  CheesyIt was a pain in the back side to do, but at least the dogs can roam the back yard on their own again.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #33 - 03/21/16 at 20:26:30

I got me one or two of these... makes using two hands better, think I got mine at wally world though...

http://www.target.com/p/energizer-6-led-headlight/-/A-11234023?ref=tgt_adv_XS...

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #34 - 03/22/16 at 07:51:35

old_rider wrote on 03/21/16 at 20:26:30:
I got me one or two of these... makes using two hands better, think I got mine at wally world though...

http://www.target.com/p/energizer-6-led-headlight/-/A-11234023?ref=tgt_adv_XS...

I have one of those I use when I am feeding the outdoor boiler all winter....in the dark.  It works really well.

The weird part about it is when you use it in the summer.  I kept seeing little white lights in the grass reflecting back at me....and the reflected light seemed to pulse or glimmer.  At first I thought it was just the LED light reflecting in the dew....then when I carefully walked toward the light and got really close down on my knees.....it turned out the LED light reflects back from the eyes of Spiders in the grass!  It is kinda spooky seeing how many of them are hiding in my grass!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #35 - 03/22/16 at 07:58:07

Ugh, Spiders
I know they're beneficial for the most part, so I mostly live and let live, but I don't like them much

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #36 - 03/22/16 at 08:20:48

Yep, I could have used one of those last night.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #37 - 03/22/16 at 09:40:37

Dave... you would not believe the number of the ground spiders we have here!!!

I spent about an hour one night hunting them down and stomping them! ROFL, it worked better than any spray I ever used!
But my ankles the next morning were hurting a bit  Grin

My wife (after I showed her) does not go out after dark in our back yard.... there were literally hundreds of them....

They are called "Wolf Spiders".....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_spider
The article says Carolina ones are the largest with a one inch body... apparently ours have mutated!
I'll see about taking a picture of one I find, LOL, and maybe I can talk it into sitting on a ruler.... Shocked

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #38 - 03/22/16 at 10:09:04

size of "good" spiders may vary
"good" = stomped on.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #39 - 03/22/16 at 11:08:29

It is a bit weird that a normal flashlight doesn't reflect from spider eyes like the LED's do.....or maybe it is the fact that the light mounted on your forehead is so near to your own eyes....while a flashlight is down by your waist.  It is really interesting that those tiny eyes can reflect a bright pulsing light back 50 - 60 feet!

Regardless.....it was a bit weird once I discovered how many spiders there are in my yard!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:09:04

General CategoryThe Cafe › I thought it was windy!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.