Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Freedom POP no cost plan, $29 phone (Read 238 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Freedom POP no cost plan, $29 phone
03/13/16 at 09:27:32

FreedomPOP strikes again !!!!    

$29 for a refurbie MOTO E, a free MEGABYTE of Cellar Data and a promise of no cost ever .......

This is twice as good as my last foray into FreedomPOP which was a $49 phone and only a half meg of free cell data.  But the phone sounded like talking in a rain barrel all the time.

There is some rumor (likely brown vaporish) that FreedomPOP has fixed their call echo rainbarrel issues as well.

I can risk $29 I think .....   and I have recovered pretty well from my surgery and am "feeling lucky, punk?" as Dirty Harry used to say.

It doesn't take much to amuse me, huh?  

Roll Eyes   FreedomPOP strikes again !!!!

Eventually, one of these things may actually work right.

« Last Edit: 03/14/16 at 19:27:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Re: Freedom POP no cost plan, $29 phone
Reply #1 - 03/13/16 at 18:54:04

do they have burner phones?

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 03/13/16 at 21:21:17

If by burner phone do you mean a cheap phone?  Yes, as low as $5 --- but the plan on that phone costs $25 a month.    You are far better to get a TracPhone as the "maintenance time" on a FreedomPOP burner phone is too too much time and aggravation.

FreedomPOP is all about gimmicks and tricky misleading deals .....

You always have to be very careful to understand what you are getting into.

This one I am taking has a $29 phone cost and NO COST for plan.   If it turns out to be a lie, they get the phone back ASAP.

« Last Edit: 03/14/16 at 03:28:00 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 03/14/16 at 03:15:31

Example -- Freedom Friends Program.

This is a ponzi scheme by which you put 10 email addresses in and FreedomPOP bugs the shite out of the people to buy one of their deals.  You get a chunk of free data to use that month as your "finder's fee".

Gimmick is to go to slick deals and get the list of email addresses of all the people already running on this Ponzi treadmill and give FreedomPOP those burner addresses and they can bombard the already active Freedom Friends email addresses all they want.

Bad news is when your list of email addresses dries up you only get a half gig of free data from then on.   But this takes a while since you got 30 sets of 10 all ready for you to use.

Trick is to create a separate gmail.com addy for FreedomPOP activity and just scrape it clean periodically.

Recommendation:   create a new separate gmail.com addy for ONLY dealing with FreedomPOP.

WARNING: otherwise FreedomPOP WILL GET your real contact list and harass the hell out of folks you care about that are on it.

« Last Edit: 03/14/16 at 10:07:02 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #4 - 03/15/16 at 19:13:24

Current order crossed the 5 day limit, allowing me to insist on getting delivery information.   Supposedly FP has to geek now or offer my money back (or else Paypal will just take the money from them).

If you choose to deal with FP you have to be mentally prepared to act tough -- "acting reasonably" just increasing the overall screwing you can get from folks like FP and their distributors.

« Last Edit: 03/16/16 at 15:59:27 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 03/18/16 at 08:08:19

No response from the vendor, escalation begun with Paypal.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 03/18/16 at 08:56:49

I decided I needed a boot cleaner outside the back door.
Being the scrounger , tightwad, fabricator and such, that I am I decided to just Build one. Some bed frame, coupla wire brushes, several hours later, and, voila, ugly as sin, worked like crap, and  THEN I saw one, for sale at Harbor Freight. A whopping Six Dollars! I got two...

I've built stuff, worked great, saved some money,but I have learned to hire someone or buy the thing I need, IF the hassle factor starts to look like it might be equal to or exceed the potential savings.

When a car gets wrecked the insurance company calls it a total when the estimate for repair gets to 50% of retail.

Yes, you're looking at some real savings, And, you have already been through the learning curve, so, for You, that could be a winning combination. I'm going to keep following the thread and stay up with your journey. IF you wind up with a decent phone,for cheap and explain HOW, I just might be interested in having my very own cell phone.
My wife probably has an old one laying in a drawer..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #7 - 03/18/16 at 17:50:56

Justin, the first time I went FreedomPOP it wasn't real, it didn't work right.

Second time (this time around) it wasn't even real at all -- no product = not real.

Come Monday, I start asking Paypal for my money back ......    having communicated with the vendor and getting NO ANSWER.

« Last Edit: 03/19/16 at 03:04:10 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 03/18/16 at 17:53:37

Bummer, dude,,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #9 - 03/18/16 at 18:18:26

Justin, hear me --- FreedomPOP is all gimmick, all brown vapor === not much on real performance.

Across all of the low cost guy's plan prices are going up because Sprint is discontinuing their old 3 G service plans and replacing 3G on the towers with 4 G LTE electronics packages.   Sprint is charging more for this service.   So, FreedomPOP is losing their low cost to free plans as well.

My good Republic Wireless phone plan and service just ended last month -- prices just went up 50%.

Oh well, prices go up, prices go up.

You can turn around and find you are paying Google Fi prices, well, then get you a good  Google Fi Nexus phone and go get that level of good service.

.... or put up with the BS from FreedomPOP.    And understand that FreedomPOP is going to lose their low cost plans when Sprint upgrades their areas ......

« Last Edit: 03/20/16 at 11:04:06 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #10 - 03/20/16 at 17:18:23

3/20/2016 17:10 PDT - Buyer: I paid for a phone. I have no phone, no shipper, no tracer number and no return communications from the seller after trying his email twice and Bonanza twice and Paypal once.   I am tired of dealing with this -- please reverse the charges and put my money back in my Paypal account.

Is this all FreedomPOP's fault? -- no, they have a third party making claims FOR them, a third party that has no phone to send to you, just a vague promise of some sort of future phone dancing somewhere out in the future.

But that is the FreedomPOP BS way, you know --- Bull Fertilizer all the way ---- and they go along with this, as does Bonanza the internet service listing the mostly misleading ads.

Paypal however does not play -- they will either refund my money or else give the guy a concrete response time period and then give him a shipping period to meet.   Then if he doesn't do that, back the funds go.   Paypal will attempt to be fair to both sides.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 03/20/16 at 17:35:12

s this all FreedomPOP's fault? -- no, they have a third party making claims FOR them, a third party that has no phone to send to you, just a vague promise of some sort of future phone dancing somewhere out in the future.

Well, IF that's a Paid third party making claims that can't be met,, then they are at fault, aren't they?

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #12 - 03/20/16 at 17:55:42

In fairness, Justin --- FreedomPOP does allow Best Buy and New Egg and others to sell their phones.    The deal is cut between you and the third party and FreedomPOP is supposed to ship you the phone the next day after getting a ship notification from the 3rd party reseller.   YOU get a ship notification from FreedomPOP, supposedly.

BUT, when this doesn't happen, you have to suspect maybe some funny business has taken place.

..... then you take actions to get your funds back.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 03/20/16 at 18:15:59

Seems like that advertising group would catch on.
Sure is a screwed up world, that such a deal is out there.
I wonder how many people just walk away from the screwing to dodge the hassle.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 03/21/16 at 01:22:34

I think the dude is going to find out it isn't smart to blow off Paypal.

The seller responded to our request for shipment tracking information. We
still need to investigate and confirm this information, but we wanted to
share the seller's response with you:

Tracking Company: FedEx
Tracking Number: N/A

No further action on your part is required at this time. We will continue
our investigation, and contact you with any updates.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:22:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › Freedom POP no cost plan, $29 phone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!