Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Motorist aren't looking for bikes (Read 33 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Motorist aren't looking for bikes
03/11/16 at 17:45:18

My daughter called me today.  She was in her house which is situated on a corner and heard a loud crash followed a few seconds later by a woman screaming "Oh my god, I'm sorry!"  My daughter ran out and there was a motorcycle on its' side partly on the tree lawn and a man lying motionless up against the curb.  He was bleeding so badly that the blood was running down a store drain.  The car had turned left in front of him.  At least he was wearing a helmet but the other injuries were heavy.

She lives next to a school and just then the school kids got out and many of them walked down the walk past the bleeding man.  She said at that point the emergency squad arrived along with a fire engine and police cars and it became chaotic.

The day before another local guy got nailed by a car making a left hand turn.  He went to the hopital in critical condition (no helmet).  We had some 60 degree days this week and guys are taking their bikes out for the first time this year but apparently the drivers aren't looking for them yet.  Be careful guys.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Motorist aren't looking for bikes
Reply #1 - 03/11/16 at 17:54:33

Yes! The only one that wants to see you get home alive is YOU! Trust no one!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 03/11/16 at 18:10:07

It amazes me how blind people can be. When I ride, I see everything from leaves blowing in the wind to animals crossing the road, etc. I pay attention to EVERYTHING!!! I think most motorcyclists do too. Maybe they should pass a law that says it's mandatory to ride a motorcycle for a year. At least there'd be less road rage and maybe less stupidity.  Roll Eyes

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/11/16 at 18:12:10

I have been wearing a fluorescent safety belt when riding for the last year. About a year ago I got hit in the back end while sitting at a stop sign. It gets more frightening every year.

Kenny G

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #4 - 03/11/16 at 20:52:14

4 in the last 3 days, one fatal, the other 3 still pending.

PEOPLE SUCK

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #5 - 03/12/16 at 00:32:29

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have three friends in motorcycling, your two mirrors and the big gap all around you, everything else, animal, mineral or vegetable is a real or potential enemy

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:23:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Motorist aren't looking for bikes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.