stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Saddle Bags
03/11/16 at 14:43:27

Posting here because it's more opinion discussion than regular technical help.

I have been looking to get new saddle bags and I found these, and i like the hard mount idea versus throw-over and zip-tie to the stock saddle bag brackets.  

See here: https://www.vikingbags.com/suzuki-boulevard-s40-savage-ls650-warrior-medium-m...

What I can't understand even after reviewing the video and instructions is how the hard mount works for the S40?  We have two "through-bolts" on the front facing end of the pillion and none on the rear side close to the rear turn signal.

With that, how can the hard mount system work on our bikes with only one pillion bolt?  Am I missing something or is the hard mount application not viable?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Re: Saddle Bags
Reply #1 - 03/11/16 at 16:09:37

Stew I don't know how to answer your question but I really do like those bags. I gotta say they are some of the nicest I've seen for the savage to date. Nice find!

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #2 - 03/12/16 at 06:45:57

Looks like they use the two bolts that hold on the rail on either side, so jacking the bike up (or taking off the tire) and using their longer bolts is going to be needed.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #3 - 03/12/16 at 07:46:33

rear turn signals are relocated, so maybe it uses the rear TS hole as the rear mounting point

IP Logged
Paladin.
Serious Thumper

Hamster

Sunny Southern California
Reply #4 - 03/12/16 at 21:03:14

stewmills wrote on 03/11/16 at 14:43:27:
... how the hard mount works for the S40?  We have two "through-bolts" on the front facing end of the pillion and none on the rear side close to the rear turn signal.

With that, how can the hard mount system work on our bikes with only one pillion bolt?  Am I missing something or is the hard mount application not viable?

https://www.vikingbags.com/content/pdf/Hard-Mount.pdf

It has a universal mount, you figure the position on the bike and drill the saddlebag to match.  With just one bolt, you can drill a second hole on the bike.   It looks like the bags are small enough to be used with the stock rear turn signals.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:21:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Saddle Bags

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.