Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Voltage regulator/rectifier (Read 49 times)
mainer07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Voltage regulator/rectifier
03/11/16 at 07:19:41

So I have a 95 savage that I am making a bobber I have done the simplified wiring that was posted on here and it worked great. My voltage regulator wires were a little torn up but it still worked so I used that one while I waited for the new one to come in. The bike has a 6 wire regulator and I searched the interweb for a six wire thought I found one received it and it is a 5 wire. My old regulator crapper out last night so I tried the new one and from what I read with the simplified wiring it shouldn't really matter is it is 5wire or 6 because the extra wire is an on off and the 5 wire has that internally. But the 5 wire does not work I can get the bike to start for maybe 5 to 10 minutes until it gets warm then it loses all power and shuts off it will then crank with no problem but will not start until I let it sit for a bit an cool down then will start but is choppy and shuts off if I try to give it any gas. Now the question.. Is there a way to make the 5 wire work? I switched where the wire was in the connector so it was connected to the right wire I also tried jumping the two connectors that are power together so all the plugs were connected but still same results.
I also read on here somebody has power loss issue when they had a bad decompression relay I'm at work an haven't checked that yet but could that cause what I am experiencing?
Also if somebody close to the Fayetteville NC area has a 6 wire that works kicking around I would love to just buy that and not deal with the 5 wire. I need the bike Monday for an advanced riding class on post that has taken me a month to get into.
Thank you in advance for any help

IP Logged
mainer07
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Voltage regulator/rectifier
Reply #1 - 03/11/16 at 20:49:36

Well after undoing all the wiring and tracing everything and testing everything it turns out the regulator is good old and beat up but good and the problem was the push button for the starter. It had shorted slightly internally and wasn't letting the juice flow.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Re: Voltage regulator/rectifier
Reply #2 - 03/11/16 at 21:09:32

Mainer,

I am glad that you were able to sort out the problem.

It is really good to see a rider find and correct a problem and then report back to the forum with the results.

Good luck with your course on Monday.....

Kenny G

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:19:52

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Voltage regulator/rectifier

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.