MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Sticking with it.....
Reply #15 - 03/03/16 at 22:00:59

Can't I just take a pill?...

Go ask Alissa ?   Grin     I'm sure it would be OK though !  

Daytime TV Weather channel in Huntsville show the Hip-Hop-Abs  commercial 50 time a day !
        the young lady says:  " I went from a size 16 to a size 3 "  Roll Eyes

could be better than a pill ?  Roll Eyes

Good Luck  !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Rodger

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 03/04/16 at 07:35:41

P.S. to earlier post:

3 cautions, Raydawg, since Rule #1 of * ahem* "Senior Fitness" is "Don't get injured!"

1) be aware of the form of each exercise. Start out with low resistance (weights, elastic bands, etc) and get the form/execution of the exercise down before increasing resistaance.

2) learn about Core Training. The body's core supports and influences virtually every exercise.

3) Look into strengthening your shoulders' rotator cuffs. I DIDN'T do this enough, tore my right rotator cuff, resulting in very painful surgery and a long, on-going recovery.

There are many good videos on the Internet to help you in this,  and a few sessions with a personal trainer might be money well spent. Google "scooby1961"....he has a goofy sense of humor, but the info Scooby preeseents is preetty solid.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 03/04/16 at 16:57:19

Rodger wrote on 03/04/16 at 07:35:41:
P.S. to earlier post:

3 cautions, Raydawg, since Rule #1 of * ahem* "Senior Fitness" is "Don't get injured!"

1) be aware of the form of each exercise. Start out with low resistance (weights, elastic bands, etc) and get the form/execution of the exercise down before increasing resistaance.

2) learn about Core Training. The body's core supports and influences virtually every exercise.

3) Look into strengthening your shoulders' rotator cuffs. I DIDN'T do this enough, tore my right rotator cuff, resulting in very painful surgery and a long, on-going recovery.

There are many good videos on the Internet to help you in this,  and a few sessions with a personal trainer might be money well spent. Google "scooby1961"....he has a goofy sense of humor, but the info Scooby preeseents is preetty solid.

Great advice, THANK YOU.

At work they provide trainers, 24/7.....
They will tailor a special program for you AND, I can even go each day, time willing, and train with them for 30 minutes to an hour.
Also, they provide online counselors who will help you reach your goals too.
My company is BIG on health, etc, and they are very generous in their support.

BTW, I just dipped into the 220's today, hallelujah  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #18 - 03/05/16 at 07:34:17

Awesome you have reached 220, keep it up Dawg!
Myself I don't put a lot of faith in trainers unless they have very good credentials, most commercial gyms offer 'certification' via a written or online test that has more to do with getting customers through the machine based workouts quickly than with actual results
Scooby does have some good tips, unfortunately he is also up to here with 'bro science' so you have to take what he says with a grain of salt re 'this exercise is dangerous / will hurt you'
I've seen him say some pretty ridiculous stuff in his videos

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 03/05/16 at 13:05:45

I got fat once. I hit 185.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #20 - 03/05/16 at 13:55:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/05/16 at 13:05:45:
I got fat once. I hit 185.

Bet you sweat like a pig too!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 03/05/16 at 17:24:45

No, not really. Summer time I wear a sweat band to keep it out of the eyes. Dang, that hurts.. But the t shirt isn't soaked.
I'm sweating more than when I was young, because Now I actually drink water. Back then, I hardly ever just drank straight water. Cola,polluted with some kinda alcohol, coffee, beer, but Water? Naaah... boy was That a mistake..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:22:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › Sticking with it.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.