Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Poll Poll
Question: Should I keep her or let her go?

Keep her! She'll never let you down!  
  4 (66.6%)
Let her go, she shouldn't play second fiddle.  
  2 (33.3%)

Total votes: 6
« Created by: chzeckmate on: 03/01/16 at 14:14:49 »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Re: Should I keep it? (Read 183 times)
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Should I keep it?
Reply #15 - 03/02/16 at 09:39:20

I have more than one bike but often go back to my S40.  The weight and handling feel more natural to me and if I am going to ride on gravel roads I prefer my Savage.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Suzukisavvy

You're Droolin,
While I'm Spoolin

Nebraska, USA
Reply #16 - 03/02/16 at 09:47:31

Well I know for a fact that the 500 wont like being taken on long road trips, because you'll feel the burn... The Savage can be your vacation bike when you're slapping on a duffle bag and going for a 2 hour ride or longer! Don't forget the a$$ pad for those rides but totally relaxing, get some earbuds in and enjoy the wind and the ride.

In my creepy robot voice.
  IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #17 - 03/03/16 at 00:44:45

You've all given many excellent points.  

Keeping as a guest bike seemed a good reason, but I feel like the the S40 won't make a very good guest bike.  It's not going to be able to keep up with me on the CBR and I feel like it's too noisy for me to be able to communicate well on intercom.  Sure, I could put a different silencer on it, but I really like it like it is.  

Keeping for when the CBR is being serviced is perhaps the most practical reason, but I'm buying a Yamaha R3 or Ninja 300 for my wife and I could ride that during those times.  I'm still on the fence about which to buy and would happily take any advice.  

Regret.  Yep, been there.  My love affair with motorcycles really only began after I bought my first Aprilia.  I will always regret selling that one.  This is different though.  I feel like if I ever regretted selling her that I could just as easily get another one for pocket change.  We can get these any day of the week for under $2k.  At worst it'll be, "Act in haste, shop in leisure."

I do have a daughter who is ready for her first bike, but the Cabbage isn't right for her.  She wants a Nighthawk 250 and I'll find one around at a good price I think.

I've given a lot of thought to everything you guys have given me to think over and I've come to the conclusion that there is a person out there who really wants a Savage.  Maybe he wants to cafe or bob her, or maybe he wants to ride it as it is.  Whatever the case there is another more eager person out there just waiting to love this bike.  I will sell her.  I'll put her up on ebay with a starting bid of $1000 with no reserve and may the best man (or woman) win.  

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 22:32:49

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: Should I keep it?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.