Send Topic Print
Single seat and fender (Read 105 times)
Jayhawka
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Single seat and fender
02/22/16 at 23:09:37

hey guys I purchased a brand new s40 about 2 months ago! I'm going down the bobber path with it and was originally going to buy a blue collar bobber rear fender but I can't as I have a already put a larger rear tyre on ( my bad )
I'm looking a 9inch universal single seat in brown but in stumped on what to do about the rear guard?
If i go down the trailer fender route what size do I want? I'm going to weld a mount to the swig arm and bolt it to there ( basically the same as the BCB kit )
Here's a pic of how it sits now Grin
Any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated!!

image_006.jpeg
  IP Logged
Chase

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Cape May NJ
Re: Single seat and fender
Reply #1 - 02/23/16 at 03:05:59

I did a trailer fender and did just what you said welded a L bracket to the swing arm but I also put on a rear strut mount the trailer fender if covering the whole tire will not hold any weight if not done.

In progress bob : Z bars, Versy Adjuster, Drag pipes, Biltwell Slimline seat, Mini Batt, KN Filter, 454 front pulley mod.
  IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #2 - 02/23/16 at 03:19:46

What he said ^
If you don't do a couple of struts at the back of the fender , it will flop about and vibrate to pieces. It's easy to pick up the rear wheel axle as a mount for the struts. It's not like you'll be having to loosen it often to adjust the chain.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 02/23/16 at 05:05:23

The stock fender shakes under hard acceleration, hard enough to crack licence plates. I didn't know that until my daughter gunned it and left me watching her go as we were out goofing one day.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
jashmash21
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/23/16 at 07:41:03

I just attached a solo seat to the existing seat mounts (had to bend the rear mounts a little to make it comply Wink)  The front mount went right on the seat I had bought on the bay.   The fender is a plastic sportster fender you can find cheap on the bay as well (i devised some mounts for it to using standard parts you can find at home depot, and mounted them to the shock)

I can take better pictures of the seats when I get home later;
« Last Edit: 02/23/16 at 09:48:46 by jashmash21 »  

savage_seat_mount.png
  IP Logged
Jayhawka
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 02/23/16 at 11:19:32

I should have stated that I was planning on running struts as well haha

As for the seat mounting in going to chop the original seat horns off so I can mount the seat as low as possible and I don't have any intention of carrying a pillion so I don't need them.

Can anyone tell me what width trailer fender I should be looking at?
Cheers

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 20:22:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Single seat and fender

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.