Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Can you say "Paper Thin"? (Read 504 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: Can you say "Paper Thin"?
Reply #75 - 03/01/16 at 09:08:05

verslagen1 wrote on 03/01/16 at 09:05:52:
no pics/links... it didn't happen.

Huh

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #76 - 03/01/16 at 14:00:59

Springman, Cheap, the only time I ever locked my front  wheel on the S40 was when I grabbed way too much lever banked over past my comfort zone, other than that, no lockup ever
Springman if you didn't open the hydraulic system and aren't planning to replace your brake fluid there is absolutely no reason to bleed the brake, brake systems are sealed and don't lose fluid unless something is wrong or you open the system

Source: literally 100's of 'pad slaps' on Taxis (I can do front pads on a Chevy Lumina in 10 minutes flat  Grin)

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #77 - 03/01/16 at 21:07:34

Well, I rode the bike to work today, about a 70 mile round trip and very happy to say the Volar kevlar/organic pads are great. As best I can tell the stopping power is the same as the EBC kevlar/organic. Now to see how long they last, how they brake in the rain, and if I make it to the Dragon this year, see if they do not fade under hard use.

Well, for now that concludes my reporting on the Volar pads. I will try to report back after a few thousand miles. Thump on!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:25:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › Can you say "Paper Thin"?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.