Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print
Can you say "Paper Thin"? (Read 504 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Can you say "Paper Thin"?
Reply #30 - 02/25/16 at 08:29:47

I don't have much to add in a brake conversation but it was good to get this flash-back from last summer :  Grin

I can testify that hearing Steve's 800 pound Harley snarling just a few feet from my back tire..

and the way he would holler  Shocked ,  when his floorboards would drag !  Grin,  Grin Grin

I guess it was "Scream or Slow Down" and Screaming was the way to keep-up ?  Either way Steve is a FUN Feller !  Grin

you people know Steve is probably  dragging floorboards all over Atlanta every time he gets his bagger out now.  
So ,
Did we create a monster or just discover one ?  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #31 - 02/25/16 at 08:58:32

Hey MM, I think we just helped to bring out the monster. In talking with Steve I know that the has been riding for a long time and had some adventures. I do not believe though that he had ever had an adventure like the Dragon.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #32 - 02/25/16 at 09:00:02

Back to talking about brake pads. It appears this vendor is not going to make things right. If that is the case I will post his info so everyone is aware.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #33 - 02/25/16 at 09:23:18

springman wrote on 02/25/16 at 09:00:02:
Back to talking about brake pads. It appears this vendor is not going to make things right. If that is the case I will post his info so everyone is aware.

I think a big problem is.....that you took them out of the package and used them.  That makes it impossible for the seller to do anything with them once he gets them back.  If you had sent them back unopened and unused - most likely it would have gone better.

If you used PayPal to pay for them.....you may still be able to have them rule in your favor and grant you a refund of your money.  You will have to show them that what was listed is not the same as what was sent to you.  I am not sure how they will address the fact that you have opened the package and used the pads.....it is a bit of a gamble.

Your other options are to put them in the bottom of your saddlebag as a spare set to get you home safely if you ever need them.....or list them on eBay and sell them to get some of your money back.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #34 - 02/25/16 at 11:56:47

Thanks for the suggestions Dave. The pads were $14.00 total so I am not overly concerned about the money. I should have just tried to return them without opening them but I guess I figured that if they fit the bike they would work just as well, if not better than the other ones. And the ones I had on the bike were toast, and I wanted to go for a ride.

Paying $14.00 for a lesson on internet buying is not bad. I learned my lesson, read all the fine print before purchasing. Don't trust that the large type is telling the whole story, if there is small type, read it. C'est la vie!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #35 - 02/25/16 at 14:36:38

Yeah.....$ 14 is not all that hard of a lesson.  My lesson on the FA106X pads was at full retail....about twice the cost of your lesson.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #36 - 02/25/16 at 15:34:27

Oh well, at least I gained some knowledge for all of us, that being that that the EBC FA106R is not really a good pad for our bikes. And you Dave, gave us the same knowledge concerning the FA106X. And like I said I will report back on the Volar pads.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #37 - 02/25/16 at 15:36:01

Hey MM, I invited Steve to come to the 3 Sisters but he cannot make it. Maybe he will show up at one of the other rides.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #38 - 02/25/16 at 16:34:10

SpringMan , tell Steve if he wants to go to Texas --- then I'll ride my Harley so he won't be out-of-place !  Roll Eyes

Hay : Last summer my pads started screaming on that Dragon Run and I payed ?? $30.oo ?? for a set of pads and still don't know what kind I got --- I was just glad to get a set !  Tongue
At the time I would have give ya $20. for the extra ones you have.  Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #39 - 02/25/16 at 20:32:11

Steve is welcome on any ride I'm on, as long as he's in FRONT of me  Grin

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #40 - 02/26/16 at 19:44:57

OK ya'll, here is the update. Vendor refused to exchange rotors or refund money. He says that in his ad he indicates that an FA106R or V may be shipped. He actually does say that in small print (I went to read his whole ad after the fact). However all the large print indicates FA106 and even says it twice so to me it is bait and switch and apparently ebay agrees with me as ebay is going to refund my money.

So stay away from ebay vendor "TRICOUNTYPARTS08", he is not a reliable vendor.

And if you are wondering, yes I did tell ebay when I filed my complaint with them that I would inform all my friends on the motorcycle forums of the outcome. So, ebay did good, TRICOUNTYPARTS08 did not.

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #41 - 02/26/16 at 20:00:49

Springman,

Good for you!

I recently had a lousy meal in a restaurant with lousy service and when I filled out the Discover Card slip I indicated "No Tip" When I looked at my Discover Card online there was a $2.00 tip showing. I immediately called Discover Card and they took care of it.

Kenny G

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #42 - 02/26/16 at 23:24:33

You mean this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-BRAKE-PADS-FA106-FA-106-SUZUKI-RM125-RM250-GZ250-...

I think he's gotcha on that one. Undecided I was tempted to take the deal myself several days ago. It seemed like a great deal. However, it turns out that the pads may be one of several variants of FA106. I don't think the organic is included. Also, these pads are stated to be old. I don't know much about aging of brake pads, but I guess that's not good either. I'm fairly careful and patient with my shopping, so I was able to catch it.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #43 - 02/26/16 at 23:34:23

Nice to hear EBay took your side. Smiley You've gotta be careful. The devil's in the details. Undecided Technically, they are all FA106, sorta Undecided-- R, V, or X-- that is. Undecided

I had a vendor one time email me about an item I bought with a generic picture in the description. They were worried that there may be some confusion. Fortunately, I knew what I was getting, so there was no problem. Now that was a great vendor. Smiley

Unfortunately, I wasn't happy with the fork boots they sent me (Daystar 83 series), but that was probably the manufacturer's problem. Wink The 83 series is probably crap anyway. I ended up getting the 58's that everybody loves. Wink

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #44 - 02/26/16 at 23:38:32

Isn't it true that FA106 without any suffix refers to the organic pads? Hmmm... maybe that's why there was a problem. Undecided

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:15:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Can you say "Paper Thin"?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.