Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Streaming sci fi
02/19/16 at 12:59:45

https://archive.org/details/OTRR_X_Minus_One_Singles
https://archive.org/details/OTRR_X_Minus_One_Singles

Pick one,,  ooops,,,

I'm enjoying these. The Kindle slips under the pillow.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Streaming sci fi
Reply #1 - 02/19/16 at 15:52:09

do you have a blue tooth?

or do you dream in kindle?

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 02/19/16 at 16:57:39

My dental issues have nothing to do with my appreciation for the kindle.
I'm just more able to go to sleep listening to something that Forces me to shut off my thoughts and listen to something that isn't too broken up with different sounds, like commercials, and like radio announcer trying to get people excited. You guys otta check it out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 02/19/16 at 17:59:22

I've found lotsa good stuff at Archive.org!  Wink

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 02/20/16 at 04:00:08

Cincinnati used to have a radio station that played old radio shows in the evening.  My wife and I would listen to them on the way home from our dates before we were married.  They had the X minus 1, The Life of Riley,The Shadow, The Great Gildersleeve, and several other shows that I can't name at the moment.

Unfortunately that station and most of the rest in the area have converted to the standard format that all the nationally run stations follow.  It is a shame what has become of radio.....I can drive from KY to Florida and the radio formats are generally identical, with the same 8 songs played repetitively.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 02/20/16 at 07:12:36

me and my brother used to sit up late to lisyen to this one distant radio station we could only receive at night, that had a show featuring spooky stories
if there was atmospheric interference our night was shot, that radio show was better than anything on TV
Nowadays, it's like Dave says, the only difference is whether you listen to the same 8 country, rock, alternative, pop, or gospel songs
except the preaching and political shows, which are banished to the AM dial

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 02/20/16 at 19:43:50

.I can drive from KY to Florida and the radio formats are generally identical, with the same 8 songs played repetitively.

A lot like the news,,,

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #7 - 02/20/16 at 21:38:47

I pay for amazon prime once a year at $99... it used to be $75 but they raised it.

It allows me to download books for free, and the sequels at discounted prices. I usually read the first one or two that are free to test the waters of the author, and judge if I like their style or not. If I do, I will usually download the first two books at .99 and 1.99 (or 2.99), then that ends it.

I also get some free movies and TV shows if I like.

At current I have about 60 books on my tablet... 30 of which I downloaded last week. I have gone through about 7 already.

I have often thought of trying to be one of those who read books and records them. I am going to look into it on my return from Illinois next weekend. Little busy this week... family things to attend to....

P.S.
I usually download Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi Fantasy and a little Fantasy...
Some Fiction, but not a lot..... Old Sci-Fi movies are really fun to watch.. mainly because they are free Smiley

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #8 - 02/20/16 at 22:08:13

If you enjoy Si-fi, I recommend "The Martian". I haven't seen the movie, but I thought the book was fantastic. Smiley

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #9 - 02/21/16 at 05:55:22

The movie was pretty good too. I love anything by Philip D1ck. I have all of his books, short stories, etc.

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #10 - 02/21/16 at 05:57:04

Grin

The board censor said "Philip thingy"!!

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #11 - 02/21/16 at 06:23:42

Board censor has a dirty mind......  Roll Eyes

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 02/21/16 at 07:54:10

The board censor can go crappity smack himself.
He's a pregnant dog And a thingy.

This otta be good.

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #13 - 02/21/16 at 08:07:32

old_rider wrote on 02/20/16 at 21:38:47:
I pay for amazon prime once a year at $99... it used to be $75 but they raised it.

It allows me to download books for free, and the sequels at discounted prices. I usually read the first one or two that are free to test the waters of the author, and judge if I like their style or not. If I do, I will usually download the first two books at .99 and 1.99 (or 2.99), then that ends it.

I also get some free movies and TV shows if I like.

At current I have about 60 books on my tablet... 30 of which I downloaded last week. I have gone through about 7 already.

I have often thought of trying to be one of those who read books and records them. I am going to look into it on my return from Illinois next weekend. Little busy this week... family things to attend to....

P.S.
I usually download Sci-Fi or Sci-Fi Fantasy and a little Fantasy...
Some Fiction, but not a lot..... Old Sci-Fi movies are really fun to watch.. mainly because they are free Smiley

I generally just check out books from the library, my main form of entertainment other than the computer
I have thought about getting a kindle for the same purpose, that way if I get seated at a dark table in a restaurant I can still see the pages  Grin

I'd be really interested to know about being one who reads for recordings, I think that'd be pretty cool, let me know what you find out if you don't mind

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #14 - 02/21/16 at 09:21:04

Google "Project Gutenberg". I think they have amateur submissions of book readings.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:22:03

General CategoryThe Cafe › Streaming sci fi

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.