Luv the Google....... (Read 27 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Luv the Google.......
02/12/16 at 18:47:04

So, my Iphone has been acting up for a month or so, won't charge unless I wiggle the charger/phone connection plug.
Sometimes its a real beetch to get it to charge.

Couldn't get it to charge at all last night,all day, no phone....
So I was planning on going to the mainland tomorrow and buying a new one.
Thought I would just google " My Iphone won't charge unless I wiggle it"

Well, I saw the exact title listed and opened it.
A person had the same problem and took their phone in.
He/she said the person at the store used some sophisticated equipment to fix it.
They said they felt like a real dunce when the person used a paperclip to clear some lint out of the port....
A lot of people replied saying they tried this based on this person report and it worked on their phones with the same problem....

I thought, what the heck.

Yep, it works lint free now   Smiley

With the money I saved on ferry fares and gas, and buying a new phone, I can send to one of the presidential candidates.....
I mean, I can send the lint, maybe that will drain their battery to an nonchargeable condition  Grin  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Re: Luv the Google.......
Reply #1 - 02/13/16 at 08:19:20

I gotta try that with my Galaxy S3, if I can still find it  Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 02/13/16 at 10:52:29

I was having the same problem a few weeks ago......it was a small wood chip stuck in there.

However.....my battery life if down to about 4 hours.  I ordered a replacement battery for about 6 bucks, and it includes the tools to do the batterectomy!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #3 - 02/13/16 at 11:14:09

I've always let the electronic units run down to near out or until they beep at me.
The problem with about every one (cell or tablet) is that after about 2 years a noticeable drop in hours always happens.
What I have found actually caused the most problem, is that I get into the habit of plugging them in when I get home from work without even looking at the battery level.
Batteries develop a "memory" of charge/usage, sometimes you can break that chain by simply just letting them die. Just keep a charger with you (although sometimes that is not possible) for emergencies.
LOL, the deal with new phones is that they come out with a "new model" every year! and most are designed to only last two or three  years. I have an old nokia that still stays charged for three or four days! (I used to keep it in my truck for a 911 phone)
Most of the issues i've had more than batteries was that the headphone jacks would go from stereo to mono, become static ridden, or just plain stop working. When blue tooth started getting cheaper, I would change to a wireless headset after the plugs would go.
I still have a motorola razor that works just fine, except the frequencies aren't supported anymore......sigh..... sometimes technology improvements just aren't improvements. Sad

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 04:25:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › Luv the Google.......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.