Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How is OldFeller doing? (Read 495 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: How is OldFeller doing?
Reply #45 - 02/23/16 at 02:23:04

Seriously, you can't talk shite to the nurses.   It is both not allowed and a very very stupid thing to do.

Plus, every one of them was nice to you and you are nice as you can be back to them.    Some of them are right little angels -- and the one upstairs who actually keeps you going through all of it wants that you should be very nice to them.

I mean seriously, the worst I could say about the worst of the bunch was that she grew up being a "highschool prettiest girl" with all of the attendant attitudes that being the in-girl gives to them.    

That is not a crime you know -- and remember, she was in reality after all Very Pretty.

And for her making the mistake of sharpening her wit on me -- please also remember I was out of my friggin' mind (surgical dementia) for day 1&2 after the surgery itself.   It was all I could do not to piss all over myself.  

Day 3&4 I was still easy meat, don't kid yourself.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #46 - 02/23/16 at 08:01:54

oh I've talked shite to a few nurses, you just gotta be strategic and talk it to the ones that think it's funny
unless you just came out from anesthesia, then everything you say ids funny
I bet that one nurse is still laughing about me and my BBQ sandwich, it was a running joke all through my recovery
the phlebotomist I told 'no fishing' was less easygoing about it, but then, I didn't like her anyway  Grin

IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #47 - 02/24/16 at 18:14:04

Oldfeller,
Hope yet recovery is swift and the nurses even swifter. You'll be home dusting off tour Savage before you know it.

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
One cylinder - one carburetor. Life is good!
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #48 - 02/24/16 at 20:43:24

Gus, I am at home now, but living with a 5 lb lift limit means I don't do much.   Go Monday to get some more stitches taken out ...... weeeeee !!!

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #49 - 02/25/16 at 05:55:05

Hope it all goes well.

Gus

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #50 - 02/25/16 at 23:11:18

OF, I see you are posting on other topics again, which demonstrates your psychological strength is pretty much back up, even if you still have physical recovery issues. If it doesn't tire you too much, have you any idea of the numbers that have "upgraded" to Win 10? I'm still getting messages telling me that 100 million people have done so, but that's still a small percentage of the number of PC's out there.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #51 - 02/25/16 at 23:49:21

Current total raw count of PCs out there is 1.25 Billion and dropping all the time.   The raw total PC count declines by approximately 6-10% a year as PCs die and are not replaced (customers do have alternate units of various sorts now).

Microsoft claims 200 million win 10 "installations" at this time.    It is a very unclear number, confused by the huge numbers of quiet nighttime unapproved "Win 10 downloads" to secret holding areas on your hard drive and the large number of user reversed installations and subsequent re-re-re-installations (all of which get counted again)..

Consider also that Microsoft "installs" Win 10 on phones and Xboxes all the time now, so the base count to compare it against is fairly brown and vapourous.

But, it is safe to say that despite all jerking around MS has yet to convert 10% of the total mass of PCs out there.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #52 - 02/28/16 at 00:29:00

Well, my recovery slowly goes apace.   Monday I go in to have the last of the stitches removed from my drainage tubes holes in my chest.  Then I start the process of cardiac rehabilitation developing stamina and learning how to walk in balance and do all the things that you normally take for granted.

Rehabilitation will be needed since I have lost 40 pounds of body weight and my muscles have slackened and atrophied to a certain degree during all this enforced bed rest.   My stamina right now really sucks.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Gus

Thumpers Rock!

Minnesota
Reply #53 - 02/28/16 at 07:40:11

Hang in there OldFeller. Springs a common and so are You!

1994 BMW K75S
2011 s40
1979 Honda CT90 Trail
1964 Honda CT200 Trail
Retired/Minnesota
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #54 - 02/28/16 at 20:48:27

steady on OF, you'll be back in the saddle before you know it

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #55 - 03/01/16 at 05:24:41

Listen to what the Doc's say!
And listen to what your body says! only you can tell what it is truly doing....
don't push too hard, and don't be LAZY either Smiley

Get well... I hope to see you sometime this year....

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #56 - 03/01/16 at 21:11:43

Thump on Old Feller. Take care of yourself. Hope to see you sometime this year.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #57 - 03/02/16 at 00:49:18

True to his word, my Primary Care Physician pulled my tube hole stitches and prescribed some white superantibotic cream that caused all the angry red necrosis tissue around the tube holes to soften, dissolve and to come out in the shower.

Then three days later when saw me again he re-stitched the gaping pit holes shut with tape sutures as I had me two brand new belly buttons where the tubes had come out --- no I'm serious, the infection around the tube holes had gotten that bad, I had lost 1/8th to a quarter inch band of flesh around the tube holes themselves.

Good news is that I am growing new skin rapidly which is closing the holes up from the bottom up.   Estimated time until full flush closure is 30 days.

I look like I got stabbed horizontally by a machete right above my right nipple and shot with a .38 wadcutter revolver twice right below my right nipple.   But all wounds are pain free and healing well now.

Roll Eyes

But today is a red letter day.

Two weeks post hospital release.

Unless the Primary Care guy gives me countermanding orders, I have a written release from the surgeon to go where I will and to drive my own car to get there.

Pulse rate is down to 96 bpm and amplitude is good, pulse is strong and even.   This is upper normal range and it will go down lower and lower as time goes on.

I am one week out from returning to Duke for my three week post-op surgical review.   This is the last time I will go to Duke.

========================================

I cannot believe people are letting surgeons talk them into putting in organic heart valves that have to be replaced every 12 years (+/- three years).

Seriously, I was there in the Cardiac Unit with people 85 years old going through this shite for the THIRD time .....

This whole thing is a fantastically expensive pain in the chest (I thank Blue Cross and Blue Shield every time I look at my ongoing hospital bills and thank God as I PAID my deductable already).    

I cannot imagine ever doing it again ........  ever.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #58 - 03/02/16 at 06:56:37

I am fortunate enough to have had only 3 surgeries in my 48 years, 2 inguinal hernia repairs (actually the same hernia, twice) abd an umbilical hernia repair
I sincerely hope to never need anything like you are now going through, especially the necrosis, that is frightening stuff

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:27:13

General CategoryThe Cafe › How is OldFeller doing?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.