Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How is OldFeller doing? (Read 495 times)
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Re: How is OldFeller doing?
Reply #15 - 02/14/16 at 07:25:49

Old Feller
 Get Well Soon .

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #16 - 02/14/16 at 08:29:07

Kris01 wrote on 02/13/16 at 13:22:33:
Art Webb wrote on 02/13/16 at 07:19:03:
Speedy recovery OF
if he gets any faster they'll need jet skates from Acme

That brought to mind an image of Wile E. Coyote!  Grin

That's exactly what I had in mind
OF is the Roadrunner Meep Meep!
OF glad you made it through, speedy recovery buddy!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #17 - 02/14/16 at 08:46:14

Receive the Healing & Favor of the Holy Spirit my friend.

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #18 - 02/14/16 at 20:12:36

Nice to hear from you OF. I believe you can rest assured no one is calling you a sissy. A tough old fart, maybe, but not a sissy. God bless you Oldfeller. You are a tough old fart and will be doing the things you want soon enough. Trust in God and push yourself forward. You are in my prayers.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #19 - 02/15/16 at 13:30:20

This thread expresses everything I love about this site. Well, not the fact that Oldfeller has had heart surgery, but you know what I mean!  Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pete in NC
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Sanford, NC
Reply #20 - 02/15/16 at 16:33:25

Hey OldFeller, prayers from Sanford.

Stock (for now) black 01... Gonna bob it.
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #21 - 02/15/16 at 16:48:51

Well, when a vehicle gets a valve job, they run like new again!  Recon next we see him, he will look younger too! We might not be able to keep up with him  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #22 - 02/15/16 at 18:06:39

Heck !  

I couldn't keep-up with him before he got a Valve Job

Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #23 - 02/16/16 at 02:02:11

As one old fella to another, Hang in there! Changing my diet today, lucky so far! Cool

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #24 - 02/16/16 at 05:47:40

Hugs old fella and a speedy recovery sent from wa state. Xoxo kim

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #25 - 02/19/16 at 10:11:29

Having some fun with the new Frankenheart.

First, all players who have viewed it (or been inside it) say my heart chambers and existing valves were all in great shape, especially so on very the last chamber that had been pumping through the stenotic (severe) restriction that my old 2 petal valve (and resulting reduced opening) had made it pump through.   The last chamber muscle is hyper-sized somewhat and the old meat valve itself was thickened and stiff compared to the rest of the valves and was relatively slow to shut completely -- which by the end it wasn't even really doing completely, BYW.

My heart had grown up hyperstyle (oversize) to make up that long high pressure final stroke that delivered blood volume X over more time (and at higher velocity) through the restricted meat valve.   Remember, I have had this condition since I was a baby .....

My resting rhythm was 80-90 long beats a minute.   My last muscle chamber had to clamp and squeeze for a long time, in other words, to move the blood out with the old defective valve.

Replace the defective meat valve with a FAST to completely open, yet complete closes instantly type mechanical valve --- now suddenly my heart says "beat" and the feedback from contraction cycle says"Done already" because the effective opening past the valve is over twice as big and opens twice as fast.  The blood charge is simply moved on out of there instantly.

That big ol last chamber feels like it never even really gets a grip on the charge of blood because it is out of there already.   There is no long squeeze period any more.

Actual pulse form is now very small and very abrupt, yet also very light compared to the past.

I have a heart that at full snoozy rest that barely seems to beat (yet moves the same amount of blood).

Give me a surprise or a shock and it revs up like a 4 stroke GSXr in first gear.

My new "normal" resting beats per min is 114 to 120 very small quick pulses -- I now have a humming bird heart.

When it digs in good it goes up to 140+ and I start to see the little dancing at the edges of your vision thingies that used to indicate high blood pressure.

When this happens I back off on whatever is doing that .....  too much sewn together stuff is leaking a tiny bit at those pressures.

Wink

It is a Frankenheart, after all.   I can call it up with an act of will inside the space of time of a single deep inhalation, which is kinda neat to do.  

Play with the nursing staff a little bit I did.

Nurse was being all fussy and rough with my blood pressure cuff, so I'd hulk it while the cuff was pumping up and force the cuff to do a reset, then do a bruce banner and relax on her on the next try, which made the cuff do another reset in the other direction.

Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #26 - 02/19/16 at 11:21:45

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 02/19/16 at 10:11:29:
Play with the nursing staff a little bit I did.

Nurse was being all fussy and rough with my blood pressure cuff, so I'd hulk it while the cuff was pumping up and force the cuff to do a reset, then do a bruce banner and relax on her on the next try, which made the cuff do another reset in the other direction.  

Take it easy on the staff, they can get really vindictive like in 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest'
You already got the frankenheart... they flip you over and do it again if you keep it up.   Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #27 - 02/19/16 at 11:49:10

Recover well OF, some of your 2016 predictions may be coming true.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #28 - 02/19/16 at 11:58:57

Hey there Oldfeller. Very glad to see you are doing so well. I figured you would make light of your operation, but you still crack me up. Go ahead and mess with those nurses, they'll miss you when you are outta there. Grin

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 02/19/16 at 12:08:18

While on the subject of young snarky head nurses, let's talk about Amanada.

First, very bright.  Second, very pretty.  Also a bit lazy, when she had the time to be.   A pleasure to look at, but the snarky BS bit flat got to me after a while.

Amanda was the sort that was never happy but always had some sort of further demand until she found something she flat couldn't get from you.

There is a gizmo called an "airlife" which is a suction measurement tool that measures your vital capacity of your lungs.

At one point in time I had two drainage tubes running from my chest to the same flat collection device sitting down on the floor.   I could only generate a 300 number on the airlife, which was low, even to me.   Amanda loved to torture me with endless repeated requests of "better".

Better did not come until had I lost both drain tubes -- then suddenly my punty 300 on airlife became a strong 1100+.

Why?   There is a bypass valve in the back of each of the flat boxes which provided a complete alternative air pathway during an airlife inhale test (air flowing back up the chest tubes).

I asked Amanda about it while showing her the flat box valve system in motion, she just made one of her snarky little moue grins so I no, don't think it was unknown to her.    She just enjoyed inflicting pain as an Airlife hurts you to do it when you have tubes in your chest.

At that point I stopped listening to Amanda completely, as she had hit the top of the BS roster for me.   This drove her crazy, of course.

She was on duty when I was due to be released at noon.   She flounces in at 12:05 and asks where my electro-cardigram harness was -- I pointed at the keyboard where the harness was neatly coiled up.   She then wanted to know where my elecrode pasties were -- I pointed at the trash can.  I was seated in my day chair fully dressed in my street clothes.  I asked her if she wanted to change my dressings one last time before I left and she said no, that it wasn't needed.  

I then asked her where my wheelchair to take me downstairs was.

Then I stopped that wheelchair trip twice to exchange hugs with two other nurses who were just plain good people just to make sure Miss Snarky Pretty knew exactly where she stood with me.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:27:01

General CategoryThe Cafe › How is OldFeller doing?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.