DavidP
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Helmet Cam
Reply #30 - 03/10/16 at 10:01:52

Hi Folks,
Thanks for all the nice comments. To answer the questions,
Yes I bought it from Amazon, it was the same price as from the manufacturer but I know and like the Amazon return policy.
Those speed bumps are still a contentious issue, sadly the vote to install them passed which just goes to show that democracy is the tyranny of the majority over the minority.
The camera was inside its waterproof box and what you heard was the audio from the internal mic. In order to maintain the seal of the housing you cannot connect an external mic when it is the box. I shall have to record a conversation with it in the box to see how it records voices. I have used it as a car dash cam with it just in the frame and the internal mic picks up every sound (which is mainly a long litany of me offering helpful suggestions to my fellow motorists).
With regard to the quality of the replay, I can tell you that the raw data is crystal clear. when I download to my PC and play in full screen the results are what you would expect at 1080. However here in the boonies my internet is not the fastest and I too noticed a degradation on the video. In fact to even get it to play I had to set the quality to 480  Angry  I am sure that what you saw was not a result of the camera.

All the best
DavidP

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #31 - 03/10/16 at 10:47:26

DavidP wrote on 03/10/16 at 10:01:52:
Those speed bumps are still a contentious issue, sadly the vote to install them passed which just goes to show that democracy is the tyranny of the majority over the minority.

Now that they have been in a while.....it is time for a vote to see if the majority wants to keep them.

(You know gasoline is a good solvent for asphalt.....a little bit dumped on the humps each day....and in a few months they will just be an unpleasant memory.  And nobody will vote to put back speed bumps that dissolve for no reason!). Roll Eyes

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #32 - 03/10/16 at 21:20:11

Dave wrote on 03/10/16 at 10:47:26:
(You know gasoline is a good solvent for asphalt.....a little bit dumped on the humps each day....and in a few months they will just be an unpleasant memory.  And nobody will vote to put back speed bumps that dissolve for no reason!). Roll Eyes

THAT won't be forgotten, EVER
I LOATHE speed bumps, speed humps, and speed lumps

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 16:19:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › Helmet Cam

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.