Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30 (Read 2386 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-3
Reply #270 - 07/25/16 at 09:49:33

Ohhhh Noooo  Embarrassed

I had the wrong end of the Rabbit ... But it looks like something the Rabbit had a pair of --- and its not the Ears !  Tongue

It looks like they are still fastened together somewhat ?

And OldRider you do not want to see a picture of this !  Lips Sealed

So , I believe I did the Rabbit Gene-Pool a good deed by taking this one out.   It was headed off the road to safety but then turned around at just the wrong time .    I should have brought that Road-Kill home --- apparently it was the perfect  Head shot !!!    exploded  Shocked

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #271 - 07/25/16 at 13:58:53

He destroyed one end of the Wabbit

He destroyed one end of the Wabbit

Give him the Elmer Fudd award for culling the defectives from the bunny gene pool.

« Last Edit: 07/25/16 at 15:10:07 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #272 - 07/26/16 at 07:33:31

is it Wabbit season in NC?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #273 - 07/26/16 at 07:44:10

Art Webb wrote on 07/26/16 at 07:33:31:
is it Wabbit season in NC?

The suicidal wabbit seemed must have thought it was. Roll Eyes

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #274 - 07/26/16 at 21:21:30

Hay .... what can I say but ... it was me or him !    Grin

There was one guy who lost his Harley on a Hwy 28 down hill curve and sent it flying into two on-coming bikes going up the hill/curve.   Had traffic backed up before we got there , then one of the fellers working the clean-up told us 45 minutes more.   We turned around and ran 28 back to the dragon and went down 129 , that was even more fun than going on out hwy 28 !  Smiley  

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #275 - 07/27/16 at 05:03:16

I do believe that the Stecoah location of the Kick Stand Lodge has a lot to offer.  Access to the Dragon is up 28, and it is a really fun road, 129 south to Robbinsville is a very fun section of road as well....and that provides access to the Cherohala pretty quickly!  The only downside of the location is for the times we want to go explore over in the Waynseville area - however I really enjoyed the ride on the Bluegrass Parkway to access the good 215 and 276 roads down form the Parkway (except the rain we had to ride through).  Access to Maggie Valley, Brevard, Waynesville, etc. does require us to spend an hour more on the 4 lane civilized roads.....or a much longer ride along the Blueridge Parkway.

I liked the location.....perhaps in coming years we could break up a longer stay and spend a couple nights at the Kick Stand Lodge - and then move over to the Blueridge Campground to explore the roads over there.  Currently I am only to come and play for long weekends - I just can't get away for an entire week during the peak of the construction season.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #276 - 07/27/16 at 08:35:49

Let's not forget the dead-end road that MM took us down. I think he was trying to get us back in there away from all civilization and steal our lunch money.  Shocked

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #277 - 07/27/16 at 09:13:36

MM and Oldfeller have been known to take us into the fiery depths of Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg......or onto a steep washboard gravel road in search of riding Nirvana!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #278 - 07/27/16 at 15:45:35

Yea !  What Dave said ...  Huh      Nirvana!  

Is that the place where the sun shines and warms to the road to the point where the front tire cant slip ?   If so , then thats what I was looking for !!    Grin

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #279 - 07/27/16 at 18:54:42

Yep, I remember those sweaty hot trips to the Knife Store to pick up replacement cheap pocket knives to replace what jumped out of my pocket while I was at work.

Times sure change -- it is now a felony to carry ANY sort of blade on a college campus.   If you take a kitchen knife out of the kitchen area -- felony.

You brandish a knife (show it unfolded) in reference to somebody else, felony assault with a deadly weapon --- or worse should you attempt to cut somebody, attempted murder, battery, assault with a deadly weapon.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #280 - 07/28/16 at 07:10:58

Mights well just choot 'em

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #281 - 07/28/16 at 08:26:46

Art wrote :  

I hope your referring to the GOONS that passed that law ! !!

Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #282 - 07/28/16 at 12:10:36

Carrying guns to scoot and shoots

Don't laugh -- and remember to put your guns out in the open inside your locked trunk area if you have one, or inside a locked case if you lack a trunk space to lock them up inside.   If you have a trunk, you don't need padlocked case as the trunk itself locks.

Do not throw a blanket over the guns or wrap them in blankets if they are inside a common space of the car -- this makes it a concealed carry item and upsets the police greatly.

Keep the ammo stored separately (in a different part of the car, in-accessible relative to the guns).  A locked suitcase works good for that, or a tool box if your truck has one.

When approached by a cop, put hands 10:00  & 2:00 on the steering wheel in plain sight and politely tell the officer that you have rifles stored in the car and where they are (he'll ask where, so tell him but then be firm that he has no right to search your trunk).  If he asks where the ammo is, tell him where it is but be firm that he has no right to search that part of the car either.  

A traffic stop gives him no right to search areas not in plain sight, unless you are dumb enough to give him permission.   Don't do it, as highway patrol people are especially bad about stacking up a ton of little violations if given permission to go looking for them.

With all the shootings lately cops are VERY concerned about people going from A to B carrying weapons.   Be very polite, but firm --- no searching your car.   If they insist on searching anyway, ask what gives them reasonable cause to do so and do not refute what they say as you ARE going to court now and YOU WILL NEED A DEFENSE LAWYER .   It is time to ask for your lawyer as you disagree that they have any probable cause and then SHUT UP TOTALLY.

Faced with a dubious car search of a knowledgeable, lawyered up traffic stop, most cops will give up, write you the ticket and let you go.  

Unless you did something to give them probable cause, that is -- so drive somewhat carefully and don't do anything stupid.

You are living in the Obama Age -- be smart about it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #283 - 07/28/16 at 15:39:32

Huh

So what do we bike riders do ?

Not get stopped !  Wink

Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #284 - 07/29/16 at 06:27:17

MMRanch wrote on 07/28/16 at 08:26:46:
Art wrote :  

I hope your referring to the GOONS that passed that law ! !!

actually I was referring to anyone you might be compelled to 'show' your knife to
in the eyes of the law it's about the same thing
but the goons'd be a good choice to choot, too  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 02:23:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.