Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30 (Read 2386 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-3
Reply #255 - 07/24/16 at 18:47:31

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 07/24/16 at 16:50:06:
Stewmills, did you pass a few of them nasty fast Hurleys?

Maybe just a few. I'm not quite as brave as Dave and MM (they weren't stupid, just more agile), but I did scoot past a few when it was wide open and they were being nice and yielding to me. If they wanted to be turds I just let `em be turds.

I agree with Dave's brief review. Cool, casual place. As long as you act like an adult and pick up behind yourself you can sorta run around the place and do what you want. Nice people running the place.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #256 - 07/24/16 at 19:45:02

Pics or it didn't happen?  It happened  Wink

Dragon_072316_13.PNG

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #257 - 07/24/16 at 20:59:48

Little girl's 5th Birthday party's be really good if there is Good BBQ being served !  Wink            My sister in law even sent some of it home with me !  Smiley

And the 5 hour ride to get there was nice too !  I got hot enough that the two showers I ran through were a welcome cool down .  Cheesy    Then I had another 3 hour ride home after dark that wasn't bad either .   Just North of SkyLine AL.   I had a car come up behind me doing a lot over the speed limit then slow down instead of passing.  ...  Angry ... so I drop-ed five mph and motioned it around ---- it stoped and did a u-turn  Grin  who do ya think it might have been ?  Undecided    Some JERK probably  Roll Eyes .      I wasn't speeding any to begin with .  Wink

So , all is well but I'm not unpacking till tomorrow , I'm thinking a quick post , a quick shower , and a long nap !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #258 - 07/24/16 at 23:27:49

The car was a cop, that's my bet, followed you to see if he could make you panic and run.been through it myself.I was doing 45 in a 50(my top speed in deer country after dark) and he still followed me two miles before doing the u turn.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #259 - 07/25/16 at 03:35:02

Standard cop trick is to go really fast and pull up behind a speeder to collect good data from them before pulling them over for the ticket.

If they didn't speed a bunch, they'd never catch up to you, right?       Wink

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #260 - 07/25/16 at 04:08:53

It was a good trip.....a little bit wetter than I would have liked, as we got rained on both Friday and Saturday - the storms would build up and just wander across the mountains all afternoon.

The KSL is a great location for riding up around the Dragon, Cherohala, and all points on that side of the Blueridge Parkway.  The Blueridge Motorcycle campground is still a better location for stuff over on that side of Cherokee.

I kept hearing motorcycles on the road behind our campground.....lots of them at all hours.  I figured it might be a really nice road or something - so MM and Stew and I rode back there late Saturday night after washing the bikes - so we could heat up the engine and get the water out of the brakes.  Turns out the Iron Horse Campground was a couple miles back there......and it looks to be the "Club Med" of motorcycle campgrounds.  It was really fancy, paved driveway and parking lot, well groomed grounds, really nice fire pit area with fancy chairs and a running stream....and lot so folks sitting around talking calmly.  The front of the lodge has a covered porch for parking the Harleys...with a metal strip on the ground conveniently located at the exact point where the Harley kickstand is located.  The camping prices are $ 15 a night per tent (single occupancy), and each additional person is $ 5....this make it exactly the same cost as the KSL.  They serve breakfast (reservations required by filling out a card the night before), and dinners on weekend nights.  This place might be just a bit too fancy for me.......
http://ironhorsenc.com/

We found a really cool road that is just south of Sylva.  We took 107 out of Dillsboro over to Sylva and then south.  We stopped at a gas station, and while we were there a couple from Canada stopped and asked if the road (281) right next to the station was gravel...as their mapped showed it to be.  The fellow at the gas station said it was paved, and we took the road....it was a great road with lots of twisties, hills, and very little traffic.

Stemills is a good rider, and he managed to scuff up his tire tread and both of his pegs while riding the Dragon.  As usual, we saw an accident or two just about every day.  One Harley rider slid out on a really steep downhill decreasing radius turn and took out two other riders, a car went left of center and punched another car in the back fender (it appeared to be Mustang and Honda week at the Dragon).  We went to the Dragon before noon both days to try and avoid the worst of the crowds.      

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #261 - 07/25/16 at 06:59:02

I'll have to let Dave and MM tell the story, but here are some pics I took with my phone before the "evidence" got washed off:

IMG_20160723_072927.jpg

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #262 - 07/25/16 at 06:59:41

Another

IMG_20160723_072825.jpg

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #263 - 07/25/16 at 07:34:04

hopefully it was no bigger than a possum... couldobeen the brother of the mother that OF took out, looking for revenge.   Huh

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #264 - 07/25/16 at 09:13:16

MM had to do it......it was "self defense"!

scary-bunny.jpg

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #265 - 07/25/16 at 09:16:31

That first picture kinda looks like a Rabbit's Left Nut ???  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #266 - 07/25/16 at 09:27:15

MM, check your trunk bag.  Look real hard in there for a surprise  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #267 - 07/25/16 at 09:30:47

Huh Huh

be right back !  Lips Sealed

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #268 - 07/25/16 at 09:35:51

I wonder what a Bunny Testicle smells like after 2 days in a hot trunk? Embarrassed

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #269 - 07/25/16 at 09:41:17

Let's see, the infamous MM wildlife "deathwish" PETA list jest grows longer and longer .....

2 squirrels

1 chipmunk

1 Wraskely Wrabbit?

In MM's defense, he does try to dodge them, but since he likes to be up in front all the time he gets them dodging rights & responsibilities as part of the package.

« Last Edit: 07/25/16 at 13:57:16 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/03/24 at 05:21:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.