Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Send Topic Print
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30 (Read 2386 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-3
Reply #240 - 07/21/16 at 06:36:38

Got the bike washed, oil changed, new plug, vacuum line fixed and my new (old $25 Garmin off fleabay) GPS and battery tender Jr. mounted and plugged in for on -the-go charging.  Not that I really need the GPS, but it's mostly there just in case I do for some strange reason...and for $25, why not.   It'll be cool until I hit a big bump and it bounces off down the highway.  I think I'm ready  Wink

Also, I made sure that the back of the bike is extra clean since that's what most of you will be looking at all weekend  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked Shocked Shocked

IMG_20160721_075939.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #241 - 07/21/16 at 10:40:54

stewmills wrote on 07/21/16 at 06:36:38:
Also, I made sure that the back of the bike is extra clean since that's what most of you will be looking at all weekend  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Why - you expecting your bike is going to quit running and we are going to have to push your bike around?

I got to Deals Gap at 3AM, and showered and slept in my trailer until about 7:30.  I then got breakfast and drove down to KSL, and got the bike unloaded and rode the Dragon twice.  I am in Robbinsville waiting for MM to arrive - we didn't anticipate he rode through a time zone - so his departure time was going to get him here at 2, and he should be here in the next 20 minutes.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #242 - 07/21/16 at 12:59:29

I switched up my hauling plans.  I'll be towing the truck instead of the bike  Cool

Honda-Gold-Wing-motorcycle-tow-truck-that-tows-cars-6.jpg

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #243 - 07/21/16 at 17:51:30

Well, the anticipated shift changeover has occurred and I am working weekends now, 12 hour shifts to boot.

Still have my August block of vacation all squared away and I am still aiming to show up towing the bike and carefully (legally) carrying some fire arms.

I had to buy some rifle cases and padlocks since my Cube lacks a trunk.  

Reviewing the situation with the local concealed carry trainer showed me that just putting the rifles on the floorboard and covering them with a blanket as I did last time isn't a "good legal means of transport" so I spent me some money to get the needed cases.    You, however, can lock your stuff up inside a car trunk and be legal, just have the ammo stored somewhere else in the car such that you cannot get to it easily or quickly.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #244 - 07/22/16 at 04:27:26

MM arrived and we had a nice lunch a the Hub, then headed to KSL to set up the tent.  As we pulled in we saw a black S40 parked at the lodge.....Badwolf had arrived earlier than expected.

We visited a bit....then the riding heed had to be addressed.  We rode down to Franklin and caught the east end of Wayah Road, and it began as a normal ride....however long too far in the road were wet in spots from a recent rain.  This was the shady side of the mountain in the evenings and the road was dry in spots - but every now and then you would come around a corner and find a really wet spot of pavement...we had to ride a bit slower than normal.  Once over to the west side and down by the lake the roads were dry and the riding was great as normal.  We rode into Robbisnville and at dinner about 8, then back to the campground.  As we pulled into the campground we got a few sprinkles, and we could see lightning flashes in the distance - but thankfully nothing showed up here and we stayed dry.

Not sure what the riding is today.....the others aren't up yet to help plan the ride yet.  We are planning on including the Dragon on Saturday....so that Stewmills can show us his freshly cleaned backside!

IP Logged
RaleighGuy

It's as easy as

Raleigh, NC
Reply #245 - 07/22/16 at 04:55:53

Keep the updates coming, Dave. I can't speak for everybody else but I, for one, am living vicariously through you guys this weekend since I will be mowing grass, baby-sitting the grandson, grocery shopping, etc, etc, etc.

2012 S40 Boulevard (White and Silver) - small changes so far like windshield, sissy bar, saddlebags... but mostly stock.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #246 - 07/22/16 at 06:46:54

Dave wrote on 07/22/16 at 04:27:26:
We are planning on including the Dragon on Saturday....so that Stewmills can show us his freshly cleaned backside!

Cool Cool Cool Cool
I am loaded up and ready! Heading that way after work today!

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #247 - 07/22/16 at 10:35:00

UPLOAD PICS! OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

LOL Smiley  yeah I shouted..... Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #248 - 07/22/16 at 19:09:31

In Murphy. Last pit stop. ETA about 11pm.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #249 - 07/23/16 at 18:57:36

Somewhere in NC...

IMG_20160723_151827.jpg

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #250 - 07/24/16 at 05:54:47

What is your ride order?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #251 - 07/24/16 at 15:16:53

Dave and MM fight for first. I usually take last, that's what I like best.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #252 - 07/24/16 at 15:18:23

Stew is back home safely in AL! MM should be at the Bday party shortly and Dave has a few more hours to go.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #253 - 07/24/16 at 16:50:06

Stewmills, did you pass a few of them nasty fast Hurleys?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #254 - 07/24/16 at 18:16:39

I am home.....I arrived at 8 PM and it took about an hour to unpack the car and trailer, put the bike in the garage, and hose off the tarp.  It is too dark to unpack the tent to dry, that will have to wait until tomorrow night.

The Kick Stand Lodge was a pretty nice place.  It is a dry county....so they have coolers filled with different kinds of beer at no charge - but there is a donation jar where you can leave money.  It is a very casual place that is lot less fussy then Phil at the BlueRidge.  You can wash your bike anytime you want, there are washer and driers for free, and there is WiFi access and cell phone service.

More tomorrow.....I need to spend some time with my loving wife!
(The same one that lets me hang out with the Savage guys a few times each summer). Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/08/24 at 00:01:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.