Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Send Topic Print
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30 (Read 2386 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-3
Reply #180 - 07/05/16 at 04:03:18

FOR EXAMPLE,  the previous week (the one with the over 100o thermometer symbol on Friday)

If you picked say the 13th - 17th I could take the whole week off as I have Mon-Tues with the wife already.   Weather is hot, but relatively clear during this period of time.

Excellent super hot knife store visiting weather, strip all the rubber off your tires on the Dragon kinda weather in other words

(this is assuming the guys at work will not have a scheduling conflict with the last minute vacation change)  
(I asked -- nobody else has requested next week off)

You need feedback from the other guys who are supposedly following this thread
and who helped pick the first dates.

Last minute rain shifts are such a pain to do, sometimes.

Roll Call

« Last Edit: 07/05/16 at 07:19:42 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #181 - 07/05/16 at 06:31:22

Hi guys, I have been on the road for six days now,(1520 miles the first 2). I can go with whatever is the consensus is, but need to pin it down THIS WEEK. I am in WNY now and need a couple of days in western KY before NC. ( Might look up Dave on the way by.) The weather looks only marginally better the week earlier, but whatever we decide we need to pin it down soon!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #182 - 07/05/16 at 07:08:03

Please, everybody state the days you are referring to in your comments.   On a Roll Call we are seeing who is really coming, and exactly when.   We may also need to set up extra tents to accommodate your arrivals, etc.

Example, Dave generally comes in on a Wednesday night and is riding every day Thursday through Sunday morning.   He is here all along,  sometimes staying in his trailer.  Someone who is coming in say just for a day or so on a weekend needs to say what days they are shooting for or else their comments could get misunderstood sometimes.

Current planned dates we are discussing (perhaps modifying)  because the 20th - 42th got all soggy on us.

Dave says I will be arriving in the area around midnight or a bit later on Wednesday, July 20th, and I plan on riding all day Thursday, all day Friday, all day Saturday...and bug out before noon on Sunday.

It appears that Badwolf is bringing his own tent, Stewmills will sleep wherever we allow him to, I will most likely be sleeping in my trailer, and if you don't want to pack your tent I can bring the one I have that sleeps 2 (you and Stewmills).

The Zipcode shows Robbinsville to be the nearest weather report..
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/july-weather/12174_pc?...

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #183 - 07/05/16 at 07:14:40

I am planning on getting there on Thu and staying thru Sun morning, whatever week we choose. I have my own s/b and tent, or can stay in the bunkhouse if we are at the KSL.
My tent is a 3 person, but, really 2. I will have room in mine for one more, or two( but it would be real friendly!)

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #184 - 07/05/16 at 07:43:12

The weather looks like no matter which weekend we choose, we will be riding some, then sitting in a BBQ eating pulled pork, then riding some more, repeat. Still not too bad, I like BBQ!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #185 - 07/05/16 at 08:37:25

My availability is free to drive up (remember, I'll be in my truck carrying the bike) around midnight Friday 7/22, ride as much as we can Saturday 7/23 and Sunday 7/24, and drive home as late as I want Sunday night. I'll sleep wherever after everyone else has their place.

If we reschedule to the weekend of 7/29, I might be out or be able to only ride for a day as I might have a family event that Sunday.

HOWEVER, if the majority feel like changing the date is necessary please don't hold off on my account.  I know other folks may have much tougher of a time making this trip whether it be for work schedules or just being in the area only at a certain time of the summer.  I'll do my best to fit in with whatever we end up with.

Stew

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #186 - 07/05/16 at 09:41:06

It really doesn't matter to me what (dry) weekend we go.  I am flexible on the dates.

If the weather is dry I bring the Cafe', if it is forecast to be a bit soggy at times - I will bring the Ninja.  If it is forecast to be a washout....I really don't see a need to go.

I think we need to watch the forecast and see that it does.....I don't see how it can get any worse - so it has to improve? Huh

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #187 - 07/05/16 at 10:23:59

Some folks are not looking at the dates and are not looking at the rain calendar map.

MM is the only one not ringing in, but I think Dave has stated a good general premise.

We can all agree that the original dates (20-24) look quite soggy right now.

This close in, two weeks, the weather forecast is generally pretty accurate, so I am rolling all my vacation days to the somewhat better bet in August.

If it is a weekend only trip, any dry weekend is good.  So far the driest to be found is  the 15th - 17th.

If it is a Wednesday-Sunday longer midweek trip, so far the only semi-decent weather showing so far is the 13th - 17th.

All you guys need to read these dates and look at the calendar rain map and quit confusing after vs before on the original trip dates.  There is nothing AFTER, only this next upcoming weekend.

If you can't do next weekend, then we will await your final "funeral" announcement on the original 20-24 trip dates.   I will already be in the mountains with my wife for her vacation trip by then, and quite "out of pocket" and unreachable by then.

Rescheduling a bike trip gets more difficult the more people who are involved, it's always been like that.    This is why they generally dangle along until they have to be cancelled at the last minute instead of rescheduled in a timely fashion.

And yes, the 13th - 17th weather period is not perfect, but it has the best shot of making a trip out of it of any long weekend period showing in July.

« Last Edit: 07/05/16 at 16:45:51 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #188 - 07/06/16 at 07:02:50

Just checked the weather with Old feller's above link, and the original dates are starting to look better. The forecast is pretty much the same all summer. I think the weathermen use weather dice. Kneeling in the corner yelling "Come on sunshine!"

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #189 - 07/06/16 at 12:23:26

OldFeller wrote :

This close in, two weeks, the weather forecast is generally pretty accurate, so I am rolling all my vacation days to the somewhat better bet in August.

sorry your going to miss this one old buddy !  Embarrassed

I'm purity much with Dave's idea ...  one day of damp weather ain't too bad if its not all day , and we have WiFi   Roll Eyes.

The dates don't matter much but I don't need to leave hay on the ground at time to bale it.

Why don't we  stick with the original dates unless it looks like rain two days out ?   Smiley  if it does we'll cancel and hope for better weather at Dave's .

But I'm OK with postponing a week too .  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #190 - 07/06/16 at 17:01:03

There are hidden advantages, like not having to struggle full out to try to keep up with them fast arsed Hurleys that are running around all over the place.

You don't need a bacon eater along on this trip .....  more peaceful that way.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #191 - 07/07/16 at 04:07:46

It is a bit of a crap shoot....however it doesn't look like a wash out at this point.  Let's just keep the original July 22-30 dates (Badwolf and I will be there on the 21st)......and we will deal with the weather the best we can.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/july-weather/12174_pc?..

However.....if the weather forecast changes in the next two weeks and the forecast is for a weekend washout - I most likely won't go.

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #192 - 07/07/16 at 05:40:23

Dave, Time to pin things down. I am going to make a reservation in the bunkhouse at KSL for Thursday night the 21st this afternoon. And everything I do from there I can change on the fly.
I am in WNY now and have to get back to S Fla sometime, and know I'll hit some rain somewhere. Just a matter of where, when, and how much. Plan for the worst, and hope to be pleasantly surprised.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #193 - 07/07/16 at 06:02:30

badwolf wrote on 07/07/16 at 05:40:23:
Dave, Time to pin things down. I am going to make a reservation in the bunkhouse at KSL for Thursday night the 21st this afternoon.

PINNED.....July 21st through 24th.  Rain or shine!
(Except for a 100% chance of a 4 day washout may cause me to stay home).

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #194 - 07/07/16 at 06:26:36

If worst comes to worst, we'll find some wifi and watch flat track racing on my tablet, I got a BIG b/u battery! That fanschoice.tv site is cool!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
07/02/24 at 19:22:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.