Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Send Topic Print
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30 (Read 2386 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: July event in Waynesville NC area - July 22-30
Reply #150 - 06/23/16 at 09:00:14

OK.....with MM's approval.....we are now staying at the Kickstand Lodge.  I will change the thread title, and I will call Kickstand and let them know we are coming.

I will be arriving in the area around midnight or a bit later on Wednesday, July 20th, and I plan on riding all day Thursday, all day Friday, all day Saturday...and bug out before noon on Sunday.

It appears that Badwolf is bringing his own tent, Stewmills will sleep wherever we allow him to, I will most likely be sleeping in my trailer, and if you don't want to pack your tent I can bring the one I have that sleeps 2 (you and Stewmills).

The Zipcode shows Robbinsville to be the nearest weather report..
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/robbinsville-nc/28771/july-weather/12174_pc?...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-3
Reply #151 - 06/23/16 at 09:10:20

Sounds like a plan to me.

Dave, if your trailer's rockin' should we not come knockin'?  Huh

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #152 - 06/23/16 at 09:19:55

stewmills wrote on 06/23/16 at 09:10:20:
Sounds like a plan to me.

Dave, if your trailer's rockin' should we not come knockin'?  Huh

If I sleep in my trailer.....it might be a secret.  I just looked at their rates and they charge $ 20 for a the first person and $ 5.00 for each additional person.....and $ 38 for an RV (and they do consider any kind of trailer an RV).  So....for the record....I am one of those folks sleeping in a tent!  I would assume that it means $ 20 for "each" tent.....and $ 5.00 for each additional person in the same tent.  (I might need to find a tent that can sleep the 4 of us).

Tenters      First person $20.00
additional people $5.00 each
Add power for $5.00 per night
RV (see definitions)      $38.00

KSL Definitions:
RV... If you tow it behind a cage and sleep in it, it is an RV.
If it has air conditioning, it is an RV.
A piggy back on a pick up is an RV.
A conversion van is an RV.

Tent... If you pull a pop up behind a bike, it is a tent.
If you sleep under a tarp, it is a tent.
If you sleep under the stars, it is a tent.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #153 - 06/23/16 at 09:39:32

Betcha the first person IN EACH TENT is $20, $5 per each additional person per tent.   Dave can reconnoiter some and find out the particulars ...... but I betcha I am right.

If I am right, the BIG tent makes sense.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #154 - 06/23/16 at 09:51:17

OK  Wink

Its not trouble to put my tent on under the headlight , but , no point in wasting a $20.oo .    Any body want 1/2 of a 8'x10'x 72" tent ?   I normally bring a cot to sleep on and use also as a chair with my gear under it.  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #155 - 06/23/16 at 11:16:25

OK, I am bringing a small tent & sb. But if it's $20 to tent OR sleep in the bunk house, I'm inside! Rain, even a little bit, is no fun in a tent.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #156 - 06/23/16 at 11:50:28

I have not made any attempt to reserve the bunkhouse......it sleeps 6.  I don't know if the bunkhouse gets reserved by a group, or is open to anyone until it is full.

The weather in this are most likely has a rain shower at some point during the weekend - I can postpone my arrival until the next weekend if the weather is a washout.....I don't know about the rest of you.  At this point the weather just looks pretty good....but we are still a month away.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #157 - 06/23/16 at 14:09:56

I can most likely postpone due to weather, if it comes to that.

Also, I am actually going to be about 10 minutes down the road from Kickstand Lodge this weekend rafting with my family at the Nantahala (no motorcycle). Is there anything I can scope out while I'm there in the neighborhood?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #158 - 06/23/16 at 15:40:03

Stew I've taken my Scout Troop to the Nantahala twice.   Both times they all had a blast !  Smiley    Those little Funyaccks are great !  

Where ya staying at ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #159 - 06/24/16 at 06:23:43

MMRanch wrote on 06/23/16 at 15:40:03:
Where ya staying at ?

It's a great family affair. Turkey Creek campground just North a few miles.  I've spent a lot of time up in that area...me and my siblings got big into whitewater kayaking a while back and that's a good starter river in the little play boats. I haven't paddled in a few years though.

yak2jpg.jpg

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #160 - 06/24/16 at 06:39:25

I got a response from KSL, and they are OK with our tent needs.

He did say they are making dinner Friday/Saturday evening.  I really don't know what to tell them about that.  When MM and I have ridden together - we generally find ourselves about 2-3 hours away from camp when dinner time arrives, and we end up eating someplace on the road.

If you folks are up to a 300+ mile trip - we might take the loop that I did on the last day I was in Franklin.  We could ride down 28 through the Highlands and into Georgia, then take Warwoman west to Clayton, then knock around on some roads and get to Wolf Pen Gap and take it to the Two Wheel Inn.  From there we can ride up to Tellico Plains, do the Cherohala Skyway over to Robbinsville, then take 129 up to Deals Gap.  If anyone wants to ride the Tail of the Dragon we can do that, then the KSL is about 20 minutes south on 28.  This might be a good ride for our first day - as it does have a lot of big open turns and highway....with a few twisties thrown in to keep us awake.

On Saturday we might set a route that takes us onto Wayah Road......I don't believe Stewmills has been there yet.

Dave

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #161 - 06/24/16 at 06:48:23

300 miles is my idea of a "Day trip"  Wink    Wink

Sometimes the miles roll up faster when your having fun !

stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #162 - 06/24/16 at 06:57:58

Dave wrote on 06/24/16 at 06:39:25:
On Saturday we might set a route that takes us onto Wayah Road......I don't believe Stewmills has been there yet.

Dave

Yep, been that route too and it was fun Wink  Last year and this year when I rode with the HD gang we pretty much hit all of the big (and some small) riding roads up there primarily because they have the big bikes and big tanks and can run all over creation with ease...but Black Beauty, as I call her, kept up with the big boys just fine.

Anyhow, I am all for putting in as many miles as the group is acceptable to and I am impartial to where we go...Any riding is good riding as far as I'm concerned.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #163 - 06/25/16 at 15:09:47

You guys really plan on doing some riding.  I haven't done 300 miles in a day on the bike in probably 30 years.

There have been plenty of times I would have loved it...life just gets in the way and I never seem to have the time.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #164 - 06/25/16 at 15:42:59

Steve, when you want to take a break, you speed up even with the leader and point at your gas tank.  It is our universal sign language for get gas, take a piss, get something to drink.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/30/24 at 21:33:54

General CategoryThe Cafe › July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.