badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
biker phone apps....
02/02/16 at 18:36:40

Guys, what apps do you use on your phone,or tablet, on your bike? I have changed the pulleys and back tire so now my speedo is not even close! 100 miles on the stock odometer is 123 on the gps. So I made a mount to hold a android phone over the bar clamps and use a app called -DigiHUD - for a gps speedo. It has digital speed, a battery indicator, max speed, clock, compass direction of travel, and 3 tripmeters -a-b-&c. Battery lasts 6-7 hours during the day with the screen at full bright to see, 10-11 hours at night with the screen dimmed.

Also have a map app called -Navmii - with Fla & Ga maps downloaded so I can use it offline.  
And the MagicJack app so I can use it like it was my home phone whenever I'm on wifi.
Of course the flashlight app can come in handy too.

O.K. what have you guys found that is useful on or for the bike?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: biker phone apps....
Reply #1 - 02/03/16 at 02:05:10

I have a program called "Eat, Sleep, Ride" on my Iphone.

It does display an active map while you are riding - but no speed.  When the ride is over it will show you a lot of data about the ride including time, total length, maximum lean angle, maximum speed, and you can display and review the map of where you traveled.  You can share these rides on the Eat,Sleep, Ride forum......most folks don't bother.

The app. is free - however if you subscribe to the "CRASH" feature, it can identify the physics of a crash, and if you don't respond to the request the phone makes.....it will call for help and identify your location.

For my Iphone 4 - it is necessary to have the phone connected to a charger when on the bike, as any navigation program really uses the battery quickly.

http://app.eatsleepride.com/

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 02/03/16 at 17:12:02

Thanks go to badwolf and Dave for posting their biker apps.  I have an old android phone I don't use anymore and will download digiHud for it.  I use a Garmin on my Guzzi and digiHud sounds like it would be perfect for my S40.   I hope some more people will post some apps so I decided to bump this thread back up to the top.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 02/03/16 at 21:35:11

BadWolf

I have an old Garmin in that same place and run it off one of the front running light wires by way of an accessory plug (good for charging phone sometimes too).    

GPS Speed , Directions , speed limit display, compass ,  and a lot more ... They are all over Ebay  delivered to you door for under $30.oo ...  Wink

and who cares if the maps are 100% up to date , they are close enough 99.9% of the time and the speedometer is always right.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/26/24 at 21:26:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › biker phone apps....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.