Send Topic Print
Propane and stuff (Read 40 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Propane and stuff
01/30/16 at 09:33:23

I refilled the propane tanks yesterday. The local guy didn't just meet, he Beat the much larger, not local, company's price. I got propane for $1.40 /gallon! Maybe some of you don't know, but propane tanks aren't supposed to be filled beyond 80%, but the guy got talking and one got filled UP, the gauge stops at 95, needle is past that. As long as the sun doesn't beat down on it and overheat it, the pop off should hold. By spring, it'll be fine. I'm not supposed to have over 200 gallons in that tank, but I Think it's sitting at 240 or more. Might be 250,, but I know one thing,, I heard the pump load up and saw the hose buck , and looked at the gauge... heart stoppage moment.

The dude was distracted. Im gonna start a thread..

He w a s telling me about a golf cart he traded off but might be able to get back.
It's a Harley Davidson single cylinder two stroke. Almost Zero spark. I talked to him about bringing it to me. Hopefully in the last four years it hasn't been fixed At till there Is no fixing it and hopefully the liquid we call gasoline hasn't ruined anything.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Re: Propane and stuff
Reply #1 - 01/30/16 at 09:38:02

Haha! That feeling of impending doom!  Grin

It only hurts once!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 01/30/16 at 17:36:36

Unless you survive. Then it can hurt for decades.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #3 - 01/30/16 at 18:11:06

So when's the big BBQ?  Wink

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 12:19:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Propane and stuff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.