Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print
August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28. (Read 2526 times)
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24
Reply #210 - 08/22/16 at 21:43:02

MM, watch out for them sneaky snakes out in the woods.  Cheesy Cheesy

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #211 - 08/23/16 at 02:24:50

MM...Yep, plenty of chairs, a couple picnic tables, big porch swing.....hammock!

Glad that you are coming Wednesday instead of Thursday...that is the biggest chance of rain this week.  The weather is looking a bit like the mountains..a small chance of thunderstorms most days (10% chance) - Thursday is the worst day with about a 50%.

I came in to work yesterday and today at 5 AM trying to get enough done that I can leave early today.......Oldfeller may beat me to my house!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #212 - 08/23/16 at 07:29:44

Stew I've got a few Snakes .   You know King Snakes eat poison snakes when they meet and they compete for the same food in the same places.   In our area the King Snakes are what we call Black Racers.   So , when I find a Black Racer I'm happy about it !  Cool  
I did find a Copperhead once.   She was sunning on a big flat rock that I was bush-hogging around ... I had three shot in her before the tractor even got stopped !   One shot ripped open her side and baby copperheads poured out (10-12) of them.   You remember how the good Lord told Josha to leave no survivors and he would have no more problems ?  Well, I did what Josha failed to do --- and I ain't had no more problems.   Grin

The Sportster only has problems with snakes when we are leaned way over when we find one.   I think it rattles me more than it does the Sportster , that business of side-stepping six inches while leaned over makes my my heart skip-a-beat sometimes .  Tongue

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #213 - 08/23/16 at 13:43:40

Looks like we are going to get there about 9pm

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #214 - 08/23/16 at 13:50:07

Oldfeller is arrived!

Verslagen.   Thanks for letting us know your ETA......we will keep a light on (and not lock the gate). Wink

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #215 - 08/23/16 at 17:24:08

35 miles out !

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #216 - 08/23/16 at 18:48:43

They're here!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #217 - 08/24/16 at 03:19:29

Last night Oldfeller and Lily did some fishing and bonding.

SavageWeekend_031.JPG

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #218 - 08/24/16 at 08:56:13

I am jealous, gentlemen. I hope you all have a grand time. Smiley

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #219 - 08/24/16 at 08:58:59

I wish oldfeller would slip into the pond...only because I am jealous that I'm not there also  :'(

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #220 - 08/25/16 at 18:47:46

You guys have a great time and post lots of pictures for those of us who could not be there.  Like many, I wish I could have gone.  And don't forget to take a photo of that giant catfish we've heard about!

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #221 - 08/26/16 at 04:06:51

Well we have been busy, and not many photos or stories so far.

The majority of the catfish catching happened on Wednesday.  We started fishing in the afternoon, and since our pond is mostly a "catch and release" situation for some of the neighbors, and since I mostly feed the fish old bread or floating fish food....the fish don;t seem to bite on normal bait anymore.  The best luck was had by putting the hook in bread floating on the surface......and the one really big catfish in the pond never comes to the surface.

Versy has a fish that fought pretty good.....and MM is ready to net him.

MM doing the network!

Thursday morning we did some bike wrenching, then went out to the field and did some shooting.  Lancer was the "Big Man on Campus" with his 45-70, and was shooting off the bench, then had to show us that he could hit stuff 150 yards away with his open sights and while standing out in the sun.  MMRanch brought a bunch of ammo for his little Contender pistol that has 3 different barrels...and we shot up hundreds of his rounds trying to hit stuff 150 yards away with a pistol....we had trouble hitting the target at that range - but we were always within a few feet from what we could tell by the little dirt spray we could see.  Then Oldfellor got out his rifles....and Versy was trying to set the woods on fire with his blackpowder pistol.

The bench and tent....Versy, Oldfeller,MM & Lancer.

Versy making smoke signals.

After the shooting and a snack, we went on a ride and we headed over to Indiana so MMRanch could mark that state on his map of places he has ridden, then we went to Quaker Steak and Lube in Florence, KY for their bike night.  We saw hundreds of bikes, then went inside to eat.  Inside the place the walls are decorated withe bike parts, and there are motorcycles and cars hanging from the ceiling to keep us entertained while the food is being prepared.  All us gearheads walk around the place looking up at the ceiling.....it is easy to run into each other while walking around!

Not sure what is on the agenda for today....most likely a trip down to Augusta, KY and a ferry ride across the river to Ohio - so MM can cross one more state off his map.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #222 - 08/26/16 at 04:08:51

As someone who is not typically a fisherman I want to verify the size of the catfish being taken out of Daves small pond. After catching them the fish were put into a big wash pan (2' dia.) and the fish had to curl their tails because there as not enough room.  Virtually every fish caught was like that.

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #223 - 08/26/16 at 16:35:23

Sounds like you gentlemen are having a good time up there!
How are the nights? very cool?
I have been thinking real hard about getting one of the tent hammocks (I used to like sleeping under the stars in my canvas one).
Have the local scientists called about the tremors caused by all the noise at night? Smiley Cheesy Cheesy

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #224 - 08/26/16 at 19:22:32

Today we got up and Lancer got his Kawasaki front pulley mounted.....now he cruises around with about 400 less rpm at 60 mph.

We took a bit of a spirited ride down Route 10, made a few fuel/rest stops on our way to Augusta (Rosemary, Nick and George Clooney's home town), and we ate lunch there.  We then got on the ferry and crossed the Ohio River so that MMRanch could get his Ohio Merit Badge (he wanted the state marked off on his US map of states he has ridden in).

After we took our bikes for the boat ride, we rode over to Bore Tech so I could drop off a cylinder head, and we talked bikes for a while with the owner Bill Moeller.  He has an AJS motocross bike, A Bultaco road racer, a Sears Benelli, and a 1962 Honda 50 in his shop reception area.

After that we rode back to the river and rode to Cincinnati on Highway 52 along the river, and we got wet in about 2 miles of rain....then we rode to Eli's and ate good BBQ for dinner.

Tomorrow...more shooting, some more riding, a catfish fry in the evening!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/25/24 at 00:18:53

General CategoryThe Cafe › August Event at Dave's - OH/KY/IND - August 24-28.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.