Send Topic Print
The Raptor Petcock (Read 200 times)
DavidP
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

The Raptor Petcock
01/28/16 at 14:22:13

Hello people, I'm the guy that built the Savage from a box of bits (with much appreciated help here). When I was finished I discovered that the only problem was the high beam indicator bulb was blown. Having had such a hard time getting the tank on I decided to live with it. However I subsequently discovered that here in Virginia a blown tell tale is a safety inspection failure. So I thought that while the tank was off I would also fit the Raptor petcock. The fitting was a piece of cake except that when I went to connect the fuel line I found that the output pipe from the Raptor petcock is way smaller that the Suzuki one and of course not a fit for the fuel line. Here is what I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2004-2003-2002-2001-Yamaha-Raptor-660-Fuel-Gas-P...

So the question is, what should I have bought.

Thanks
DavidP

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: The Raptor Petcock
Reply #1 - 01/28/16 at 14:54:19

What you got is a fake chineeze copy.
genuine yamy parts are the same size as ours.
you could put a smaller hose on it, but at full throttle it'll cut out on you.

WWW   IP Logged
DavidP
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/28/16 at 15:42:53

Oh dear how sad, I really thought that the price (I saw some at $5.99 and avoided them) and the seller being in the U.S. would be an indication of a quality part. darn you eBay  Undecided

Can anyone direct me to what I REALLY need?

Thanks
DavidP

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #3 - 01/28/16 at 16:58:13

You want a genuine Yamaha p/n: 5LP-24500-01 from a Raptpr 660.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #4 - 01/28/16 at 17:59:20

David,

You paid enough for a genuine Raptor.

I would try to send it back or dispute the charge.

Go here   http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/partsearch/yamaha

I bought mine from Ron Ayers. If you have a Yamaha dealer near you they can usually have parts in about 4 days.

Kenny

IP Logged
DavidP
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 01/28/16 at 19:05:55

Thanks guys, you live and you learn. A genuine Yamaha dealer it is then.

DavidP

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #6 - 01/29/16 at 03:30:59

You can find the correct petcock on eBay if you want to go there.  Type in the correct part number (5LP-24500-01), and if you don't see the white box from Yamaha....go find another seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2001-2005-OEM-YAMAHA-RAPTOR-660-FUEL-PETCOCK-5LP-...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
norcalscot
YaBB Newbies

Where there's a hill
there's a way

Northern California
Reply #7 - 01/29/16 at 09:56:07

I bought my Raptor on Amazon :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K9I25C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_d...

It came in a few days. This might not be the cheapest source, but it is the genuine article...

2009 Suzuki S40 : Raptor Petcock + Harley Soft Tail FLSTC FXCW muffler
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 01/30/16 at 09:26:57

Everybody wants to save a dime. The long term win is living where the economy is healthy. Buy local.

And, you keep a brick and mortar store alive, increase the velocity of money in your community.
Has no one heard about the Wal-Mart closings? Not that online shopping is why, but, they went in andcin less than a year, undercut the old, established, mom and pop places out of business. What happens to the people who owned and worked at those places? Did some go to work for Wal-Mart? Move?
I liked Wal-Mart while Sam was alive. They sold Made in USA stuff. The state of the economy demands that I shop there sometimes. Id rather not. And I exhaust all options before I buy online. I refilled the propane tanks yesterday. The local guy didn't just meet, he Beat the much larger, not local, company's price. I got propane for $1.40 /gallon! Maybe some of you don't know, but propane tanks aren't supposed to be filled beyond 80%, but the guy got talking and one got filled UP, the gauge stops at 95, needle is past that. As long as the sun doesn't beat down on it and overheat it, the pop off should hold. By spring, it'll be fine. I'm not supposed to have over 200 gallons in that tank, but I Think it's sitting at 240 or more. Might be 250,, but I know one thing,, I heard the pump load up and saw the hose buck , and looked at the gauge... heart stoppage moment.

The dude was distracted. Im gonna start a thread..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:33:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › The Raptor Petcock

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.