Send Topic Print
Drags Bars to Buckhorn (Read 76 times)
Rxcody
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Drags Bars to Buckhorn
01/27/16 at 20:52:13

Hello everyone! This is my first post on this awesome forum. I purchased my 2006 Suzuki S40 LS650 back in July, and have been loving it since! I have already changed the tires, exhaust, added saddlebags, but I am looking for a different style of handlebars.

The stock "drag bars" are okay, they are not uncomfortable. However, I have noticed that at cruising speeds i tend to find myself leaning forward. I don't really like that and would rather sit up straight or be able to "lean back".

Now, I have done some reading and it looks like the Suzuki Savage (ended in 2003?) had the buckhorn style, but people tend to say they are not comfortable. Believe it or not, I actually want those bars on my bike now! lol. I am about 5'8" and am really digging the buckhorns that the savages came with.

Now, my plan so far is to swap the drag bars out for the buckhorn (if you have a bar to sell, let me know!) but I am pretty positive that I will need to extend cables/wires/hose. I also want to get lower risers that do not have that bend in them.

So, my question to you all, what is the best plan of action? Are there better buckhorn bars out there that require less adjustments? What are some good risers (height) to go with this? Any input is appreciated.

Thank you!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Drags Bars to Buckhorn
Reply #1 - 01/27/16 at 22:55:23

Add your location to your profile,... there may be someone close by, willing to sell, swap, or trade...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
savagegreenhorn7
YaBB Newbies

Waka waka!

Oakland, CA
Reply #2 - 01/27/16 at 23:10:41

2004 was the last year for the Savage, I have a 2004 and im planning on swapping out my buckhorn handlebars, where are you located maybe I can hook you up.

20151023_004612.jpg

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/28/16 at 03:11:00

The issue with the stock Buckhorns - is that the ends are angled in a way that bends your wrists at an uncomfortable angle.

I have a nice set of Buckhorns I would trade with you....I am in Northern Kentucky.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Rxcody
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/28/16 at 13:27:48

I am located near Phoenix,  Arizona.  I would be interested in buying your handlers off of you Savagegreenhorn7. Also,  if you are willing to sell the bars with the risers (not sure if there any)  then thst would be even better.   So my next question would be,  I'm assuming I will have to also change the wiring and cables?

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #5 - 01/28/16 at 13:37:23

There's no difference in the wiring and the cable/hose are an inch or so longer.

Most people are usually able to use either cable/hose with either bar.

WWW   IP Logged
Yoshi
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

LongIsland, N.Y.
Reply #6 - 01/28/16 at 18:29:06

I have a couple sets of buckhorn bars, im in Ny.
pm me with an offer

Papiekarski@gmail.com

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:21:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Drags Bars to Buckhorn

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.