Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Freedom POP no cost plan, $50 phone (Read 606 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Freedom POP no cost plan, $50 phone
Reply #45 - 02/07/16 at 09:18:45

Phones are way too complicated nowadays...

I liked it better when you just got a phone from AT&T and gave them a couple bucks a month for their wire...

Life's too complicated.

That's why I ride a Savage... it's the motorcycle equivalent of the old black rotary phone...
Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #46 - 02/09/16 at 19:44:40

Finally pushed through the BS and got a return authorization from FreedomPOP's "secret" ebay sales arm.    They were very reluctant to take their bad Moto E phones back under their 30 day warranty, but Ebay likely has told them how it has to be when you sell things with a 30 day no questions asked guarantee -- ie you honor it, or we'll do it for you.

Still, it took me 2 solid tries to get the RMA #

Now, with RMA in hand I find I am reluctant to send both of them back as one has been tweeked and tricked to work just about good enough by taping the camera mic, opening up the housing hole some (beveling it a bit and modding the case to suit) and turning the volume down to half volume when talking directly to the mic and NOT USING SPEAKER PHONE EVER.

It is set up and working ...... so so good.    I have not been through a whole billing cycle so I really don't know what sort of nits nats and nerds I am going to be stuck with (although I am sure I will get hit with a 0.99 fee for not using all my data and perhaps I will get stuck with a $3.99 fee for premium voice although I cancelled it on the day I signed up).

Now, it has much much better wifi pick up than my current phone does and it gets 500 meg of free cellular data each month.   Even if I got stuck paying less than $5.00 a month for using it, would it be worth keeping it as a car phone?  

Or should I ship it back and catch me a new deal on a larger, better sell out phone that has good speakers and good mics and a better, clearer bigger screen?

I think I will ship them back, both of them.   Get clear of the whole thing and regroup on the idea after I recover from surgery.

I realize I like the much improved wifi aspects of the Snapdragon current generation chipsets, but I also realize that FreedomPOP isn't supplying reputable good satisfaction products or service at this point in time.

Dump it and leave it, that's my choice right now.

« Last Edit: 02/09/16 at 20:54:02 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #47 - 02/09/16 at 20:51:31

Conclusion:

FreedomPOP is trying to put together a phone business by using come-ons, sell-ups and web paged based mis-direction.

The advertised FreedomPOP free product doesn't work very well, and if you augment it with all the needed "extras" to get it to work, you wind up paying more than for Republic Wireless, who IS reputable and honest and straight-forward and works well.

=================================================================

If you want a low cost, non-aggravating cell phone service try out Republic Wireless.

If you want a step up, very moderate cost cell phone service try out Google Fi.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #48 - 02/10/16 at 12:47:22

Have you seen this article?  

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375644,00.asp

Pcmag about cheap phone services.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #49 - 02/10/16 at 14:45:14

A different span of cheap here ---- the ones I went for are the cheapest of the cheap.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 06:26:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Freedom POP no cost plan, $50 phone

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.