Send Topic Print
LED indicator lights (Read 69 times)
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
LED indicator lights
01/19/16 at 10:32:58

Has anyone converted those peanut bulbs in the speedo to led bulbs yet? Those bulbs are hard to find and expensive from OEM.

I ordered some green, amber, and white leds for replacing all the bulbs in the speedo. I may put 2 or 3 white leds in the speedo for a better backlight. Stock is 1 peanut bulb 3 watts.

I'll post a follow up when I get it done. Should be brighter and more colorful. Cool

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: LED indicator lights
Reply #1 - 01/19/16 at 11:44:36

I did replace the lights in the Trailtech speedometer with higher watt LED bulbs to make them more visible in the daylight, and it did help.

I ordered the lights from Superbright LEDS, and they have a lot of options.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Zonablazer

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 01/20/16 at 05:23:35

I've been struggling with the same thing. OEM bulbs ordered from almost anywhere are not cheap. The hard part is finding the right LED. Many say 194 is the correct bulb but I can speak from first hand that 194 is way to big.

Savageman what leds did you purchase...if they work I'd like to buy some for myself. The superbright LEDs is a great site just not friendly when you're trying to search something that will fit the tiny peanut bulbs.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 01/20/16 at 06:11:36

I believe the #74 bulb is the proper one.

Not sure if the top one on the attached link is the correct choice....it may be too bright.  Cars have a dimmer for the dash - while your bike doesn't.

Generally you should order the same color LED as the lens if you are using them in the Turn Signal, Neutral light or High Beam indicator....and you can get the ones that just light up on top.  For the instrument light you can choose either white or a color - but you should get LED's that light on the top and the sides.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/wedge-bulbs/filter/Base_Type,74,1,4023:

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Savageman

Knowledge is half
the battle

Marysville, California
Reply #4 - 01/20/16 at 09:49:57

I ordered some of the #74 in colors and warm white. Also ordered some regular mini leds in same colors. They have a resistor for use in a 12 volt circuit. I'll post more info when i get them from Hong Kong.

The mini leds might be the best way way to go just get polarity right.

Superbrightleds is a great site with quality products. I've ordered from them in the past some trailer Leds and they were top quality good stuff.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:18:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › LED indicator lights

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.