Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do you smell something burning? (Read 199 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Do you smell something burning?
01/14/16 at 09:56:01

Well, got a call from the spine center, seems my doctor is having second guesses as to what to do, so she is sending me to her counterpart in a town east of here (golf community, richey rich area).
The phone call I received this morning was nurse explaining a dye and mri scan to see what is going on between the L3 to L5 areas.
She explained it was to find the nerves that were causing the problem so that they could "BURN" them.
WTH?!! (What the heck)
Anyone ever had this done?
She says that the procedure can help and would probably last at least a year.
I am up for anything as long as the pain is controlled or goes away, but am not sure how it will affect the rest of my body or extremities.
Will the pain loss cause problems with the nerves?
Will I be numb in other areas?
If I cut myself will I be in danger of bleeding out and not knowing unless I look down?
ROFL... I know... I will be asking the Doc's about it, but thought I would get some "real" answers from folks who might have experienced it first hand.  Grin

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Do you smell something burning?
Reply #1 - 01/14/16 at 10:59:36

Dang. That does sound a bit scary. Wish I could say I know something about it but I don't. You've got the right idea though, ask , ask and then ask again. I am very familiar with lower back pain so I definitely wish you the very best of luck and pray that this issue is resolved for you. God be with you my friend.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #2 - 01/14/16 at 13:43:48

Are they going to burn them permanently? I'd be asking the doc a lot of questions if I were you!

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #3 - 01/14/16 at 16:48:02

Oooohoo !  Sad

Old Rider

You know the best cure is to quit doing stuff that causes pain.  Wink   Anything else is a patch .    Your not still working are you ?   Huh

I'd want more opinions before having anything "Permanent" done .   What did your VA doctor say ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 01/14/16 at 18:00:28

The procedure sounds somewhat similar to some that my wife had.  Using the dye and MRI and other imaging methods they found areas where scar tissue was placing pressure on a nerve.

The "burning" was done with a focused X-ray beam, it caused the scar tissue to shrink and relieve the pressure on the nerve.  It worked and is painless.  The doctor figures out how to target the area and avoid hitting anything vital.  When they did it there are several people involved, they marked up her body with graduated marks in ink and then 2 or 3 of them did the actual positioning and aiming and finally the doctor "pulls the tiger" to activate the X-ray radiation.  

Your situation might be totally different.  Like the others have said, ask many questions.  Good luck and I hope you get some relief.

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #5 - 01/14/16 at 20:15:07

wish I had anything helpful to add, but I have no clue

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 01/14/16 at 21:02:11

I wouldn't do anything till I talked to a few chiropractors.
I don't know HOW you came to be injured. I've seen some pretty scary xrays, and lived in pain for over twenty years before I found a chiropractor who could put my neck in place.
Before you do what can't be UNdone, know where you are going.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #7 - 01/15/16 at 11:52:01

I've considered seeing a chiropractor (briefly). They're not doctors nor are they licensed. As far as that's concerned, I could get a friend to do the same thing and it wouldn't cost near as much. I'm not sure I trust them.

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #8 - 01/15/16 at 12:33:04

Kris01 wrote on 01/15/16 at 11:52:01:
I've considered seeing a chiropractor (briefly). They're not doctors nor are they licensed. As far as that's concerned, I could get a friend to do the same thing and it wouldn't cost near as much. I'm not sure I trust them.

My wife has neck and hip trouble....and she visits a chiropractor regularly.

She has had some good ones, and some not so good.  One of them didn't consider her age, and the fact that she is on the borderline of getting osteoporosis....and he broke her ribs.

The fellow she goes to now is very good.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #9 - 01/15/16 at 19:24:02

I usually call them "Bone Crackers". No pun intended.  Grin

I guess, like any professional, there are guys that know their job and there are guys that show up for a paycheck.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 01/15/16 at 19:49:32

Id be crippled if not for chiropractors. And I have seen some I'd never see twice.
Funniest name for chiropractors I ever saw?
Dr. Askew, really. I nearly drove off the road laughing.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #11 - 01/15/16 at 20:08:44

That took me a second!  Grin

IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #12 - 01/15/16 at 20:13:22

If you are on the East Coast you may want to consider an Osteopathic Physician. The Philadelphia School Of Osteopathy is the best training facility of it's kind in the world and if you can find a graduate near you you will have the advantage of a Dr. that can do Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy along with the ability of being able to do everything that an MD can do.

The guy that invented Chiropractic was Palmer in Iowa and he had Osteopathic Training before starting  Chiropractic Therapy.

Kenny G

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #13 - 01/16/16 at 06:50:59

Kris01 wrote on 01/15/16 at 19:24:02:
I usually call them "Bone Crackers". No pun intended.  Grin

I guess, like any professional, there are guys that know their job and there are guys that show up for a paycheck.

Licensed physicians kill / maim / cripple people through malpractice in this country far more than most people would believe
a license to practice and a degree in medicine is no guarantee either
hell I know of an orthopedic surgeon here whose own nurse will tell you, outside the office and in confidentiality of course, not to ever let him operate on you
most of his patients will tell you the same

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #14 - 01/16/16 at 12:20:38

I've heard that quite a bit unfortunately. Thankfully I've never experienced it personally.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/27/24 at 16:17:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Do you smell something burning?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.