Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Winter has arrived in KY! (Read 229 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Winter has arrived in KY!
Reply #15 - 01/12/16 at 16:15:38

That is the same glove .   The mitten come out as a separate unit and is super tight nylon (can't blow through it) with elastic at the entrance hole.  My left one is about wore out from working the clutch , but the right one still looks newish  (+-)  Smiley

gloves_2.jpg

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #16 - 01/12/16 at 16:35:56

I have a 1,500 mile ride coming up in a week.  I just hope it's above 40 the first couple hundred miles.  I take a couple pics!

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 01/12/16 at 18:15:57

Dave wrote on 01/12/16 at 13:30:35:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/12/16 at 09:50:35:
Uggh, is anything worse than cold KY?

I didn't understand it at first....... Huh

But....now I am frightened!

I tend to just say whatever I think will get a laugh, even if I come out looking bad, maybe. My family just hate it when we are in public and I decide to mess with someone.

« Last Edit: 01/12/16 at 20:03:01 by verslagen1 »  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #18 - 01/12/16 at 20:31:31

Pg

A Savage is normally a little "Short-Legged" for a 1500 mile ride .  But  it sounds like fun !

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #19 - 01/13/16 at 07:46:20

I rode to work and home in low-mid 40s yesterday
Scoot gives nice weather protection

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 01/13/16 at 08:00:51

Last week I might have been a believer of Global Warming - as I was able to go on a short ride around the neighborhood in the 40 degree weather!

But not this week.......and just so you know what 8 degree temperature looks like this morning - here is the front yard at my office!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 01/13/16 at 08:02:32

That's why they quit calling it that and switched to 'climate change'
chicken little gotta have something to yell about  Wink

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #22 - 01/13/16 at 22:32:41

MMRanch wrote on 01/12/16 at 20:31:31:
Pg

A Savage is normally a little "Short-Legged" for a 1500 mile ride .  But  it sounds like fun !

My total for the Texas ride last year was longer than 1500 miles MM !

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #23 - 01/14/16 at 07:57:51

I'm just thinking :   Its the best "All-a-Round " bike I've ever had  , but its not the best ride available for a long interstate trip ... unless the S-40 gets Longer Legs somehow  Wink

old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #24 - 01/14/16 at 09:45:46

Well, my old 2007 Harley Road Glide with cruise control and heated grips was definitely an "Interstate" cruiser, but still, I like the Thumper better.
No really, even though the Harley rode like a dang Cadillac, I am still set on the Savage. I took the glide through the dragon run and it performed awesome, like a large sport bike, but it was still HUGE! and hard to handle when pushing and pulling around by hand.
The Savage is soooo much more forgiving and snappier in turns and slow maneuvers (for me anyway) without fighting the weight of the front fairing assembly of the glide.
For long hauls, if I could get rid of the oil pressure thing (over 70 oil leaks) and finally get settled on a good seat, I think I would have the long distance things settled, even now, 65mph is good enough for interstates... just let them pass you. (I know...that is the hardest part....you guys like to be the head of the pack Smiley )

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #25 - 01/14/16 at 20:19:49

the Scootanic may never see the dragon, if the engine drops below 2000 rpm, the clutch releases  Shocked
I really gotta get the hang of loading the engine against the brakes to keep the drive engaged for low speed work

IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #26 - 01/16/16 at 23:32:57

Went for a ride to the gun range today.... nice weather, about 65 F, only a light jacket was needed as the air was humid and made it slightly cool.
Kevin and I had a great time at the range and we had a beach ride home... fun stuff.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #27 - 01/17/16 at 00:18:28

Range trip?

What did you take to shoot?    How did you do?

I always do worse than before, so that's not news --- but I keep my hand in and I enjoy it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Reply #28 - 01/18/16 at 10:28:43

Indoor range.... just my new 10/22 takedown/w added laser ... found out my scope bars move... even though it is a bushnell, it's crap ($70)

Kev just got a glock 43 (9mm)... very small 9mm, I don't like it....

Found out my eyesight is not allowing me to focus correctly now (it has changed since my hyperbaric chamber treatments). And using a scope or aiming assist is going to be a must. I was just pointing and shooting with his larger glock and getting a better group (5" circle at 20 feet).

But the weather down here is staying above 50's during the day, so we are going to an outdoor range next weekend.
Riding all year around down here is normal, there is only a few weeks that the temp drops to freezing at night and stays in the day.
Most times the temp gets back above 40 or so, making a chilly ride, but still a ride Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #29 - 01/18/16 at 10:42:37

Yeah, I plumb hate that moving scope crosshairs crap --- ask MM, I had it big time until I bought Center Point scopes that had reticule LOCK DOWNS and even then I had to loctite the scope tubes using permanent loctite against steel rings to keep the entire scope from scooting around in the rings.

Check out airgun scopes -- they have broad adjustability and are built to take ridiculous levels of back and forth jarring around without losing zero.   An airgun scope will outlast (jarring / durability) a normal rifle scope by quite a bit if used on a relatively sedate rifle.

Issue all of us eventually get into is the two way harsh slamming of automatic actions, which is exactly what airgun scopes are built to defeat.    Ergo, on automatics they tend to do better.

Before I start to flinching, now, half of my group size is me, half of it is optics and the load variations.  

Once fatigue/flinching starts, you can fuggettaboutit ..... group size goes up 2-3x.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:35:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Winter has arrived in KY!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.