oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Re: Rear shock fluid?
Reply #15 - 01/07/16 at 18:45:07

Quote:
We offer every suspension service to all products that we sell (Hyperpro, YSS and Wilbers), and to OEM
and other aftermarket products, as long as it is technically possible and safe to do

i'd give them a call  first and ask specifically about OEM savage shocks. Even if they can take them apart, the seals and whatnot might not be available.

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #16 - 01/07/16 at 23:55:58

Lots of good suspension shops can rebuild sealed shocks but these would be a waste of money. If you're not dragging pegs yet, the stock shocks are good enough for you. Even dragging, they're fine. IMO.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #17 - 01/08/16 at 04:39:23

oldNslow wrote on 01/07/16 at 18:45:07:
Quote:
We offer every suspension service to all products that we sell (Hyperpro, YSS and Wilbers), and to OEM
and other aftermarket products, as long as it is technically possible and safe to do

i'd give them a call  first and ask specifically about OEM savage shocks. Even if they can take them apart, the seals and whatnot might not be available.

I seriously doubt if the company can rebuild shocks that have a crimped/welded assembly process.  Most likely they are rebuilding shocks that have threaded bodies, caps and seal retainers.  And spending $ 165 to rebuild the stock shocks with 1.5" of travel....that certainly would be a waste of money.  Especially when there may not be anything wrong with the stock shocks on cheapnewb24's bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #18 - 01/08/16 at 07:17:57

If you aren't dragging pegs, as gizzo said, your shocks are fine for your usage, if you are, and you bottom out a lot, you don't need rebuilt stockers, you need moar travel
several members have VS800 shocks on their savages, some have Progressives, and MM Ranch has, or had, dirt bike shocks
don't rebuild / modify stock shocks, it's pure mental masturbation. If you need better, buy better
It's like the Savage itself, you can get more gidyap if you're willing to do some work, but your best bet if you want a really fast bike is to get another bike

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:26:03

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Rear shock fluid?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.