Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Shell Rotella - ZDDP level remains at 1,200 PPM (Read 183 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Shell Rotella - ZDDP level remains at 1,200 PP
Reply #15 - 01/07/16 at 11:51:57

stewmills:

I don't know about the others - but it really wouldn't give me any additional piece of mind.

I believe that Shell is putting 1,200 ppm of ZDDP in their oil, and that the Savage motor will hold up just fine with that concentration.  And I also add 1 oz. of Redline ZDDP to each gallon of oil to get up to 1,400 ppm....as I have a cam that has been hardwelded and has some additional lift.

I never worry about an oil failure with the Rotella in the engine....and hopefully I keep an eye on the oil level.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Re: Shell Rotella - ZDDP level remains at 1,200 PP
Reply #16 - 01/07/16 at 11:57:00

Roger that, Dave. I get the jug and drop in the ZDDP and just roll on, but I drive like a grandpa most of the time so I don't worry about my engine really needing super special treatment because of my (lack of) hard riding. But knowing what we all know I think I'd be a fool to not add it as preventative maintenance.

It may prove nothing, but I'll still see what I can come up with. If anything it might just give us something neat to look at.  Wink

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:40:09

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Shell Rotella - ZDDP level remains at 1,200 PPM

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.