Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
my first bike!!! (high quality pics) (Read 228 times)
NateP40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central PA
Re: my first bike!!! (high quality pics)
Reply #15 - 01/05/16 at 15:52:00

pg wrote on 01/05/16 at 07:34:04:
Super clean!  What brand of turn signals are those?  

Best regards,

they're from ebay. the listing title is "Chrome Bullet Turn Signal Dual Filament Bulb Running Marker Light Victory Buell" and the seller is ibuy.isell.

they're really nice and being dual filament and 2 wire, i easily hooked them up to the front as running lights with the stock wiring.

2000 Suzuki Savage LS650 - Pearl Canyon Yellow
WWW   IP Logged
NateP40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central PA
Reply #16 - 01/05/16 at 15:53:42

MMRanch wrote on 01/04/16 at 21:23:54:
Welcome Nate  Smiley

Nice Bike !  Cool

Hay ... We're working on a meet in Northern Kentucky this year ,  how close are ya ?

Smiley

thanks! I'm in central PA. so it's a good bit from me but not really out of the question if i decide to go on an adventure. keep in touch!

WWW   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #17 - 01/07/16 at 13:12:26

NateP40 wrote on 01/05/16 at 15:52:00:
they're from ebay. the listing title is "Chrome Bullet Turn Signal Dual Filament Bulb Running Marker Light Victory Buell" and the seller is ibuy.isell.

they're really nice and being dual filament and 2 wire, i easily hooked them up to the front as running lights with the stock wiring.

So I presume that's what is on the rear also? I like the slimline look, and those may give me a little more clearance I need where my saddle bags wedge up against my stock rear signals.

If you did the rear also, was it a straight hook-up with no special needs?

Thanks!

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
NateP40
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Central PA
Reply #18 - 01/07/16 at 19:41:47

Actually I got the rears for free second hand and they're only single wire so they're not running lights. I want to buy another set of the two wire dual filament for the rears eventually for some added safety. I assume splicing the running light wire into the stock tail light wiring would be easy.

My front and rear signal housings are the same though so they match cosmetically at least for now.

WWW   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 01/08/16 at 04:15:19

NateP40 wrote on 01/07/16 at 19:41:47:
I want to buy another set of the two wire dual filament for the rears eventually for some added safety.

If you make the rear signals function as running lights - the lenses have to be red.  It is illegal to have yellow running lights in the rear.  (That is why the stock bike only has yellow running lights/turn signals in front - and only yellow turn signals in back).

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #20 - 01/08/16 at 07:28:10

Dave,
It looks like the fleabay listing shows them with red and amber lenses. Would those with the one red and one black wire work as running lights if you ties in the running light to the existing wire going to the rear running light and the other to the existing rear signal wire, or does it need to be a 3 wire?

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #21 - 01/08/16 at 07:51:28

stewmills wrote on 01/08/16 at 07:28:10:
Dave,
It looks like the fleabay listing shows them with red and amber lenses. Would those with the one red and one black wire work as running lights if you ties in the running light to the existing wire going to the rear running light and the other to the existing rear signal wire, or does it need to be a 3 wire?

The number of wires (and color) isn't always a good indication of the light having a dual filament bulb.  If the bulb is a dual filament and you have only 2 wires - then the red would be the bright bulb, the black would be the low powered bulb, and the housing is the ground.  If the light is a single filament bulb, then the red is the (+) power and the black is the (-) ground.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #22 - 01/09/16 at 02:27:20

you can also make a single filament light a running light / turn signal, by wiring it to go OFF when the blinker is engaged
I used to know how to do that, but it slips my mind these days

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #23 - 01/11/16 at 07:22:39

NateP40 wrote on 01/05/16 at 15:52:00:
pg wrote on 01/05/16 at 07:34:04:
Super clean!  What brand of turn signals are those?  

Best regards,

Thanks for answering, what part of PA?   Smiley

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:35:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › my first bike!!! (high quality pics)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.