Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Dark siding again
Reply #60 - 01/24/16 at 15:31:32

MM, here is a bag of 150 grain white death ...... want some?

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #61 - 01/24/16 at 16:44:17

OldFeller

White Death !  Wink  We could make a movie with that title !  Roll Eyes  

Yea , I'd love to have a couple of those to mount in Anders's rocket launcher .   You got any idea how fast the ones you loaded are running ?  It might be good to stay in the same FPS range so the scope don't have to be re-set.    Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #62 - 01/24/16 at 23:30:28

We chrono'd them while we were at your place, but I misremember the numbers and I find I didn't keep a data sheet on it in my results book.

poor old faint memory says 2,550-ish, 2,600-ish -- I wasn't impressed by the speeds although they are about book max for K-31 according to the modern loading books.

You might want to toss a few over your chrony and see.

I kinda got discomboobulated on that trip by walking scopes, the K-31 was the only rifle that actually held its scope in place and I remember a roughly 1" group size on the site in target.   The gun lived up to its reputation, anyway.

It's funny, those 165 grain Matchkings are a weight and size match to the standard military round -- the Swiss military shot match grade ammo and that is all they ever made for that gun.

Long distance death dealing Viking watch makers -- the whole lot of them, both them and the Swedes ....          Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #63 - 01/24/16 at 23:46:48

Different bullet weights, different powders, likely minor different point of impact.

Sometimes lighter/faster simply hits slightly lower on the same center line ----- but not always.

That's why I keep a book and out of all the loads I shoot out of the 7mm-08 I have picked the one that shoots "central" to all the rest, I tune scopes to it and trust the others to hit within inches of it.

Hunting accuracy isn't required to the inch, it is required to the paper plate sized group.  

Everything I have for 7mm-08 loads will hit on the same pie plate at 100 yards.   Most of the middle weight and light weight rounds will hit on the same 200 yard pie plate too.

Extra recoil says the 150 grain and 160 grain stuff in 7mm-08 tosses high, but it is by a known amount (4" max).   I need to redo that study with the loctited scope tube and the locking reticles, I may have less spread now as the entire scope was moving while I was at your place.

Your .308 diameter K-31 stuff is all going to be within 10 grains of each other and running in the same speed range, so it should print close together (big ASSumptions there, gotta actually go do it).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #64 - 01/25/16 at 06:16:18

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 01/24/16 at 23:30:28:
Long distance death dealing Viking watch makers -- the whole lot of them, both them and the Swedes ....          Roll Eyes

I'm still laughing over that one!   Grin

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #65 - 01/25/16 at 08:06:13

K-31 shooting at a mile and a quarter distance, stock with open sights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqwG2caxNo8

Did you know that every Swiss male at age 18 enters the military?    He only leaves a couple of years later to carry his rifle home with him to become a member of the militia, where he remains the rest of his life?   That girls can do the same thing, but it is voluntary, not enforced, on their parts?

Twice a year the militia man qualifies as being physically fit and able to fire his weapon accurately.  Shooting is a part of his social structure with men going to the range additional times during the year to shoot and BS together.

You want a hunting permit?   Sure, go hit that (moving) running moose target in the kill zone from 300 yards 3 times in a row ......

A Prussian general once boasted he could mass 4X the entire population of Switzerland on the boarder inside 24 hrs.   His host replied that the local population could handle that problem with them only having to use 4 magazines of ammo each (they are kit out with side pouches holding 6 magazines per soldier) and would be firing from the same redoubts that they practiced from each year.   Biathlon (skiing and shooting) is a offshoot of the Swedish and Swiss military training -- to be able to shoot accurately after extreme exertion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Redoubt_(Switzerland)

Prussia never invaded, and really Nazi Germany only extended their "influence" over the area but never actually tried to move troops into it.   Cracking Switzerland is simply NOT WORTH IT as it would be very expensive to the invading army.

Each Swiss 18 year old is trained as a rifleman and as a field artilleryman.   Yep, artillery, anti-personnel and anti-tank.

Some of those scenic Swiss chalets you see up on the ridge lines -- well, they aren't chalets at all.

Camouflaged infantry fortification in Sufers (machine gun bastion left, antitank gun right, housing and connecting tunnel underground)

A whole nation full of people that can shoot you at a mile out or drop a shell on your head from 17 miles, yeah, let's go invade them .....

Drop neutron bombs on the passes and intentionally kill all the people in the surrounding villages is about the only way to successfully invade Switzerland.    

So not worth it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #66 - 01/25/16 at 09:05:21

That's not even figuring the mountain passes you need to traverse with them rolling boulders down on your head  Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #67 - 01/25/16 at 09:24:43

If there was any doubt what a single marksman can do against the german army... look up sgt york.

WWW   IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #68 - 01/25/16 at 09:59:20

or watch the movie if historical accuracy isn't quite as important to you
*turkeycall*  Grin

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #69 - 01/25/16 at 22:01:09

So why does the National Democratic party include "Dis-Arming America" as one of their things to do ?  

I'm thinking "Move to Switzerland" , it sounds like my kinda place .  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #70 - 01/26/16 at 16:51:59

The tall blondes aren't half bad either!  Wink

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 02:28:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Dark siding again

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.