Trying out ZDDP Maxx (Read 83 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Trying out ZDDP Maxx
12/29/15 at 21:17:22

Just bought some of the stuff. I think it is more concentrated than the other stuff, which makes it harder to add to the engine, but it is just about the cheapest I could get.

Check out these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEcek4gh_A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GEcek4gh_A

This may be the first ZDDP additive that I have ever tried, at least that I can say for sure.

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Trying out ZDDP Maxx
Reply #1 - 12/29/15 at 22:05:58

Try heating the unopened bottle in very hot water to get the viscosity down and allow you to get more of all of the goodie out of the bottom of the bottle.

Once the bottle is empty, cut it open with a knife so you can scoop out what wouldn't pour.

There is a reason we use the pre-diluted Redline stuff, it STAYS in suspension or you can shake it back up good to get any settlement off the bottom of the bottle.   You can easily see if it is mixed up right or not.

Plus the super-concentrated little bitty bottles are  harder to fine measure out the correct dosage, and once you have cut a bottle open and seen the goop clinging to the bottom, you realize that what you poured out on that first dose was missing a good bit of its stuff.

« Last Edit: 12/30/15 at 09:55:40 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 12/30/15 at 04:55:21

I searched a bit - but the ZDDP Maxx website is no longer working, and the Amazon description doesn't provide some important information that is critical.  Is the ZDDPMaxx safe for use with a wet clutch....does it have any friction modifiers?  When used as directed - what is the resulting ZDDP level?  You should not be adding the same amount of ZDDP additive to a 600ppm oil as you do an oil with 1,025 ppm of ZDDP like Rotella T........as you may end up with too much ZDDP in the oil.  The final result should be a ZDDP level of between 1,200 and 1,400 ppm ZDDP.....and more than 1,400 ZDDP and the long term wear on the engine increases.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 12/30/15 at 10:09:11

Looks like ZDDP Maxx and the Eastwood packaging are all going defunct now.  

Since we suspect all of the little bottles were all just "out of the barrel" ZDDP straight concentrate, just use the mix ratios listed in the Tech Section for ZDDP PLUS if you want to use the stuff.

Look around and see if you can find ZDDP MAXX or the Eastwood ZDDP Concentrate on close out somewhere and post us a hit link if you find a cheap one.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #4 - 12/30/15 at 10:33:23

I suspect that ZDDP Maxx may be more concentrated than Eastwood. Either that, or I paid too much for less stuff.  Sad

Here's where I bought mine http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=zddp&_sop=15

ZDDP Maxx cost less than 9 bucks incl. shipping whereas Eastwood cost 12 dollars incl. ship. The Plus stuff costs even more.

IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #5 - 12/30/15 at 10:44:44

Here's Eastwood's site http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-zddp-oil-additive.html Good price, but I don't know about shipping Undecided.

IP Logged
Kris01
Serious Thumper

Eat, sleep, RIDE!

Tennessee
Reply #6 - 12/30/15 at 13:23:52

Pretty impressive video.

There's no problem that a full tank of gas and a sunny day can't fix!

2008 S40, Rotella T 15W-40 w/ZDDP added, Dyna, 140/90-15, Battery Tender Jr., Seat lift, #52.5/150/3 washers, Raptor
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #7 - 12/30/15 at 15:10:46

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/30/15 at 10:09:11:

Since we suspect all of the little bottles were all just "out of the barrel" ZDDP straight concentrate, just use the mix ratios listed in the Tech Section for ZDDP PLUS if you want to use the stuff.

Look around and see if you can find ZDDP MAXX or the Eastwood ZDDP Concentrate on close out somewhere and post us a hit link if you find a cheap one.

Why do you think that Eastwood ZDDP is being phased out? It is still on their page, and Eastwood's website is still up. They sell more than oil additives. We bought other stuff from them, particularly their welders.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #8 - 12/30/15 at 19:20:39

[quote author=082B2321222B2B2235470 link=1451452645/0#3 date=1451498951]

The little bottles have been redone before, and the old stock sold out for cheap.   Beware, old stock will settle out part of the ZDDP solids in the bottles over time .... cut your bottles open to check on this after you empty them or refill them with clean oil and reheat and agitate strongly to get the goodie out of the bottle.

We had a theory that it was all really the same company at one point in time, with different brands being sold at different price points, with Eastwood being the cheaper brand and ZDDP Plus being the primo brand.   And now we have the ZDDP MAXX brand as well.

Who knows ?? -- assume you can use whichever small bottle ZDDP concentrate you buy at the list mix ratios as found in the tech section.

Smiley

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 12:33:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Trying out ZDDP Maxx

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.