Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
any triumph fans? (Read 365 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Re: any triumph fans?
Reply #45 - 12/28/15 at 17:51:50

the suspension on new Triumphs is only poor if you compare it to modern day sport bikes, it's on par with everything else in it's price range and it's much better than the 2 inches of travel that Harley gives you on some of their sportster models.

the NEW NEW Triumphs are looking really nice, the Street Twin (replacing the base Bonneville) looks awesome,

the new Thruxton R with the 1/4 fairing and upspec suspension is beautiful, it's tank looks more like the chrome tank you all love,it's not exactly like that but it's in the direction.  

And despite the addition of water cooling, they've lost like 40 lbs.

oh and there's a 1200 cc option for the Thruxton and Bonneville T120, and if it wasn't for the spokes, I'd be seriously considering the T120 to replace my 2010 Bonneville.

the T120

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #46 - 12/29/15 at 09:38:42

pg wrote on 12/27/15 at 22:15:57:
I have to ask. How long does it take before you start feeling fatigued leaning over when riding one of those?  I'm guessing you feel it between your shoulder blades.

Best regards,

Actively squeezing the tank with your knees automatically shifts the pressure from arms to torso, but yes, you can get sore between the shoulder blades until you get used to it
street twin = Drool
T120 too

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #47 - 12/29/15 at 11:14:40

Do you ever get used to it?  It would be a costly mistake to buy one and realize you have no desire to ride it after about 30 minutes.

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #48 - 12/30/15 at 07:40:51

Yes and no
you do get used to it, and the soreness goes away, but poodling about around town for long rides at low speed will always wear on you
Around town the cruiser shines
On the highway and especially in the esses, the sporty bike is more fun
Me, I like standards, aka UJMs, but not the ones with too many cylinders (any more than 2 is too many)  Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #49 - 12/30/15 at 08:19:08

pg wrote on 12/29/15 at 11:14:40:
Do you ever get used to it?  It would be a costly mistake to buy one and realize you have no desire to ride it after about 30 minutes.

That same thought was in the back of my mind when I was converting my Savage to a Cafe' bike.  I was concerned that I was making a bike that was not comfortable to ride.

The suitability of the seating position sort of depends on the bike, your size and shape, etc.  My Cafe' bike conversion was not too bad and I could ride all day long when we were on the Dragon runs as we would stop every 100 miles to fuel the bikes up and that gave a bit of a rest and allowed me to stand up and stretch regularly.  The RYCA seat is very thinly padded on the edges, and I found the clip on's were angled down a bit too far and made my wrists tired.  This year I had new seat upholstery made and I welded bars for the clip ons that rotated up 4 degrees to make the bars a bit more flat....and it has helped to make the bike fit me better.

If you are in poor physical condition and have aches/pains that bother you daily.......it could be a riding position that would not work well for you.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Flint

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks Alberta!

Reply #50 - 12/31/15 at 20:41:44

I used to have a 500 Triumph, nice bike.  The new Triumphs are heavy pigs in my opinion.  Actually I feel the new Sportsters are heavy pigs as well and I used to be a real Harley fan.

IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #51 - 12/31/15 at 22:05:11

If you are in poor physical condition and have aches/pains that bother you daily.......it could be a riding position that would not work well for you.

Thanks,  Undecided

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #52 - 01/01/16 at 07:01:11

Flint wrote on 12/31/15 at 20:41:44:
I used to have a 500 Triumph, nice bike.  The new Triumphs are heavy pigs in my opinion.  Actually I feel the new Sportsters are heavy pigs as well and I used to be a real Harley fan.

Pretty much all bikes are heavy pigs now compared to yesteryear
Some exceptions, S40, Rebel, other small machines, but the big ones have mostly gotten bigger, at least in the US

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:22:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › any triumph fans?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.