Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Ford partners with Google on self-driving cars (Read 110 times)
old_rider
Serious Thumper

Backyard Bill
Productions

flordia panhandle
Re: Ford partners with Google on self-driving cars
Reply #15 - 12/28/15 at 18:26:18

OF... I downloaded the  mint 17 two months ago, straight from one of the Linux URL's you gave me.... how much more "current" should I have been?

Maybe it was the ASUS chipset it didn't like.... I have no idea.... but it did have a "critical error" and would not boot.
I am using it for my security cameral base now, so I will not be putting Linux back on it unless D-Link gets off their butts and rewrite some software Smiley
I won't be able to use it for internet activity after next year, unless firefox keeps supporting windows XP and VISTA.
I have two small SLOW pc's that I could play with Linux on.... but I've got other things I am doing now and don't have the time to experiment just now.

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: Ford partners with Google on self-driving cars
Reply #16 - 12/28/15 at 18:56:32

Ubuntu just did another long term support release, so Mint is due to come out with another one soon, using much more modern bits and pieces.   Linux Mint only upgrades every 3 years now, since Ubuntu doesn't really change very much significant inside that same time frame, but after 3 years Mint does get back into step, then keeps it for another 2 years until something worth changing for comes along.

Now this will be a good comparison, MS is heading for Redstone Release and Linux Mint will be starting a brand new 3 year series off the current super modernized & updated Ubuntu.

Let's see who comes up with the most buggy bullshite as they both GO FOR IT in 2016 ......

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 12/29/15 at 08:09:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 10:17:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ford partners with Google on self-driving cars

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!