Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Footpeg compatibility? Harley Sportster? Anything? (Read 140 times)
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Footpeg compatibility? Harley Sportster? Anything?
12/17/15 at 20:12:33

Someone in another thread sent me a link for a set of footpegs with heel rests sold specifically for the Savage.http://www.ebay.com/itm/SAVAGE-S40-FRONT-SPLIT-RUBBER-FOOT-PEGS-WITH-HEEL-RES... It looked like a good idea, but with a price of $80+, I have some doubts. Someone else mentioned a set of Sportster pegs (no heelrests, but otherwise similar) for about $25. http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-SPLIT-RUBBER-FOOT-PEGS-FOR-HARLEY-FOOT-PEGS-CA...More my style, but I wonder if its a knockoff. Some people question the ethics of buying knockoffs Undecided. Actually, I wonder if the one for $80+ isn't a knockoff. Hardly any sense in spending that much for that, is there?

However, I gather that the hole size or something is different? Bigger? Smaller? Details, Details Details. Wink

With that being said, there is not much available specifically for a Savage.

So tell me, alot of pegs seem to have the same overall design. Given that, exactly how many variations are there. Is there just one size for all metric cruisers, and one size for Harleys? Is there another size for crotch rockets? How many different designs/sizes are there? Huh

Is there any rule of thumb I can use to know whether any particular peg will fit the Savage so I can get the best deal on pegs?

For those that don't fit, is there any hard and fast rule of which ones can be easily made to fit, as well as the more difficult and worthless ones.

If anyone's got any good ideas, it might be worth posting in the technical documents. Smiley

2004 Suzuki Savage, Riding since fall 2015.
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Re: Footpeg compatibility? Harley Sportster? Anyth
Reply #1 - 12/17/15 at 21:05:47

Actually, I just found a thread with some details on the Harley pegs posted in the... you guessed it... Technical Documents section. Smiley

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1245903031

Now, if anyone else has some ideas on footpeg compatibility, feel free to let me know.

Just because I found something doesn't mean this discussion is over. Tongue

There's more than just Harleys out there.

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #2 - 12/18/15 at 00:38:37

I'm the one (probably not the only one though) with the $80 set.  I can tell you that they are "knock offs", as you put it.  These are an almost exact copy of the Kuryakyn ones of the same design fitted for the LS650.  They are every bit as good quality wise and also made with the same billet steel design.  Mine have taken a beating and a 35 MPH down and are still doing the job nicely.  If you're looking for a budget replacement just keep in mind that you'll most likely get only as much quality as you pay for.  Hope that helps.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 12/18/15 at 00:57:19

chzeckmate wrote on 12/18/15 at 00:38:37:
I'm the one (probably not the only one though) with the $80 set.  I can tell you that they are "knock offs", as you put it.  These are an almost exact copy of the Kuryakyn ones of the same design fitted for the LS650.  They are every bit as good quality wise and also made with the same billet steel design.  Mine have taken a beating and a 35 MPH down and are still doing the job nicely.  If you're looking for a budget replacement just keep in mind that you'll most likely get only as much quality as you pay for.  Hope that helps.

Just an insider f.y.i... Kuryakyn is made by Emgo... Same exact part, you just pay more for the "real deal" version.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #4 - 12/18/15 at 05:33:12

Thanks for the review, chzeckmate !  Smiley

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #5 - 12/18/15 at 06:44:28

I'm the one (probably not the only one though) with the $80 set.  I can tell you that they are "knock offs", as you put it.  

Chzeck,

Do you have any pics of yours installed? I have never really considered upgrading my pegs as stock are just fine, but I am wondering how they look/fit with the heel rest and whether or not the heel rest ever gets in your way or adds comfort? I rarely have long rides, mostly short rides to and from work and around town and the country close to home just putting around.  I will be back at the Dragon in April though  Wink

Capture_005.JPG

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | Rotella T4 | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
cheapnewb24
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Virginia
Reply #6 - 12/18/15 at 08:32:57

Mine are stock, and one is broken off. My latest strategy is to get some used Harley pegs. The knockoffs, do they have Harley fittings? Do you have to adapt them to fit the Savage anyway?

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #7 - 12/18/15 at 10:55:33

stewmills wrote on 12/18/15 at 06:44:28:
I'm the one (probably not the only one though) with the $80 set.  I can tell you that they are "knock offs", as you put it.  

Chzeck,

Do you have any pics of yours installed? I have never really considered upgrading my pegs as stock are just fine, but I am wondering how they look/fit with the heel rest and whether or not the heel rest ever gets in your way or adds comfort? I rarely have long rides, mostly short rides to and from work and around town and the country close to home just putting around.  I will be back at the Dragon in April though  Wink

I took this photo a few days after my 35 mph down.  Truth be told, this foot peg saved the bike from being damaged.  It acted in the same way a frame slider would.  The only other damage was the windshield I had installed shattered.  I made the windshield in this photo out of MR10 Lexan and used the mounting hardware from the one that broke in the down.  You can see the slight damage to the foot peg in the photo if you enlarge it.  I can take a couple more photos later.  As for the heel rest, it never gets in the way.  I have it adjusted so that I don't even use it when I'm hurrying ing around town. It only gets use when I'm riding in fourth or fifth for a while and I put my heels down on them for comfort.  If I know I'm going to be on a long ride I'll raise them up about an inch so that I can use them more often and then move them back down a little if I'm buzzing around town.

'05 S40, dyna muffler, rejet, high flow filter, Mobil 1 Racing 4T, Shinko 230 set with 140/90 rear, raptor, seat lift, LED running lights/signals, tach, reversed risers, homemade MR10 Lexan windscreen
  IP Logged
Kenny G
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com The
Singles Club...LOL

Robson Ranch, Denton, Texas
Reply #8 - 12/18/15 at 12:16:52

What ever happened to the T-Shirts you were going to get?

Kenny G

IP Logged
gizzo
Serious Thumper

SuzukiCabbage. It's
Savage.

Australia
Reply #9 - 12/18/15 at 12:51:10

WD wrote on 12/18/15 at 00:57:19:
Just an insider f.y.i... Kuryakyn is made by Emgo... Same exact part, you just pay more for the "real deal" version.

I did not know that. Here I was thinking Kuryakyn was a "premium" brand. Thanks WD.

IP Logged
chzeckmate
Serious Thumper

Be the person your
dog thinks you are

Houston, Texas
Reply #10 - 12/19/15 at 00:29:31

Kenny G wrote on 12/18/15 at 12:16:52:
What ever happened to the T-Shirts you were going to get?

Kenny G

I've been working day and night and letting it slip down my action item list.  I'll make a point to get to the silkscreener sometime this week.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:25:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Footpeg compatibility? Harley Sportster? Anything?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.