Send Topic Print
Riser bolt adapters? (Read 87 times)
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Riser bolt adapters?
12/15/15 at 17:51:59

In putting together my projects for the winter, I was wondering about riserless bars.  Most of those available have 1/2-13 threads, and the Savage uses M10. I did find a few that had the right 100mm spacing, but the wrong thread.  Weird...

I did, however find some various adapter bolts / studs that have one end done in 1/2-13 for the bars, and the other in M10 for the rest.  Has anyone ever used these?  If so, which ones did you buy?  I know Baron makes some, as well as Show Chrome, but that's all I've been able to find...

Thanks, all.

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Re: Riser bolt adapters?
Reply #1 - 12/16/15 at 03:02:23

scootworks have them. used them on my vulcan 500. Cool  but if you are going 'riserless', why do you need them?

IP Logged
Smokestack

The Devil made me do
it!

The Hammer, Canada
Reply #2 - 12/16/15 at 03:24:59

zipidachimp wrote on 12/16/15 at 03:02:23:
scootworks have them. used them on my vulcan 500. Cool  but if you are going 'riserless', why do you need them?

By "riserless" I mean T-Bar style, where the bar bolts right to the top tree with no risers.  I still need something to bolt them to the top tree, and I'd like to keep my stock bushings if I can.  I should have been more specific. Sorry about that!

Also, do the adapters you bought fit the Savage?  Or has anyone bought a set specifically for use with the savage?  Again, not specific enough on my part. Sorry...  Embarrassed

Yup, I done some stuff......
  IP Logged
zipidachimp
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

surrey, b.c.
Reply #3 - 12/16/15 at 13:06:43

my mistake as well. my vulcan came with the welded bar/risers. I hated the look, so took them off and bought a proper bar and risers with the sae threads. The scootworks bolts are both sae and metric and worked great. The spacing of the vulcan bar wont work on the S40. May I ask why you want welded bar/risers?  Being non-adjustable won't work for me. Cool
You can still do a T-Bar style with a drag bar and risers using the scootworks bolts. Measure the length of bolt needed before ordering! Cool

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 14:26:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Riser bolt adapters?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.