From ABC news..... (Read 81 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
From ABC news.....
12/14/15 at 17:18:32

This story originated at ABC. I copied it from Fox.

If this is true, I believe it sets a pattern from a higher source that believes the PC mindset is gospel.

It just seems so odd that we would not use all the resources we can in determining matters of security for the tax payers, etc.

This seems like reasoning lost to ideology, and we see the results, just like Sen. Chuck Schumer  (D) remarks in the story.

Something is wrong, really wrong, yet I don't think we will get to the answer of who and why  Angry

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/12/14/agents-reportedly-blocked-by-secre...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: From ABC news.....
Reply #1 - 12/14/15 at 17:27:42

I Remember some FBI agents had Mossoui's (guessing at spelling) some time prior to 9/11, but weren't allowed to look in it. BLOCKED from above... and on and on.
After enough Stuff, it almost starts to look intentional.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #2 - 12/14/15 at 17:41:56

Diocletian's Problem-Reaction-Solution

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #3 - 12/14/15 at 18:27:54

Well, we have to remember that Edward Snowden's revelations made the govt look a lot like Big Brother and they were rightfully worrisome to everybody. So the immigration service was put on the defensive about how it did research on immigrants.

That said, under the circumstances I think it should be policy that visa applicants will have their internet behavior looked at. The govt shouldn't feel the need to conceal it or apologize about it. Terrorism runs up a body count and we're not Constitutionally obligated to respect the privacy of non-citizens the same as citizens. This was established after the Snowden revelations in regard to foreign phone records, wiretapping, email surveillance and so forth.

But that being said, it is only something that might help identify certain people as a risk, and to mark them for a closer look. A lot of foreigners have no social media history, or even internet use at all. And others may do and say all kinds of things behind fake names, encryption, etc.

It might sound simple, but doing this kind of investigation is probably complicated and expensive.

The point is, committed terrorists will adapt when they know social media can compromise them. When Mideast terrorists found out the use of satellite phones could bring a Hellfire missile down on them they went to couriering CDs and thumb drives and paper notes around in order to communicate.

Which, I think, good -- make it as hard for them to communicate as possible. Heck, even if we can't examine the social media history of immigrants for technical reasons, let's say we're doing it. There is a good evidence that ISIS is freely using social media to recruit and fire up US citizens. So placing that off limits for immigration vetting doesn't make sense. I guarantee you it's not off limits for general anti terror investigations.

I think the govt screwed up on this Tashfeen Makik case. They should have been keeping an eye on her all this time.

San Bernardino was no different than 9/11 -- an intelligence failure where clues were there but they were missed. It happens. The thing is to correct the oversight going forward.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 12/14/15 at 19:08:51

Yeah, everyone who Failed on 9/11 got promoted..
Nothing creates an environment of learning like
Zero Consequences,, Rewarded, failures.. ?
And, in Order to Keep the Great Minds in the financial institutions that created the disaster, they had to get Huge Bonuses..

At some point, stupid starts looking like camouflage for sabotage.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Sonny

DeSoto, TX

Reply #5 - 12/14/15 at 20:09:21

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/14/15 at 19:08:51:
At some point, stupid starts looking like camouflage for sabotage.

But never underestimate the power of stupidity, carelessness, bureaucracy, overwork. These natural things do tremendous damage all the time. By comparison, conspiracies are extremely hard to pull off and cover up in the long run.

If 9/11 was a govt false flag, literally thousands of people would have had to be involved, and not one of them has broken the silence.

It's sort of like Michio Kaku's comments on the Apollo moon landing conspiracy: "It would actually have been easier to go to the moon than to construct a way to fake it and then have no one ever rat it out."

I loathed Bush & Cheney, but I don't think they staged 9/11. I do think they knew something big was coming (well, we know for sure they did) and they were willing to sit on their hands and let it happen, knowing that would give them public support to start their wars and drain the federal treasury into the pockets of Cheney's Halliburton and all their energy and military/industrial buddies' pockets.

But that was a passive, deniable crime. That just fell into their laps and they went to the bank with it because the American people were too dumb to believe it was  happening.

A lot of Americans could see it was happening and tried to stop it, but not enough did. The rest is history, ongoing today.

'87 LS650, purt near stock, Raptor, seat mod. '07 S40, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 12/14/15 at 20:50:25

Believe as you wish, Sonny.

I know building seven collapsed at freefall speed for a period of time. THAT requires No Resistance.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/15/15 at 17:34:53

Sonny.... I am with you.

I don't think they could pull it off.

Now how JFK got killed, I think that was a conspiracy, and I think it is known, and that is why its sealed.

It was our own government that had him offed, and LBJ was complicit and everyone else signed on because we can't show our dirty laundry to the world.

The day JFK died, so did democracy  Angry

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/15/15 at 17:46:46

I loathed Bush & Cheney, but I don't think they staged 9/11. I do think they knew something big was coming (well, we know for sure they did) and they were willing to sit on their hands and let it happen, knowing that would give them public support to start their wars and drain the federal treasury into the pockets of Cheney's Halliburton and all their energy and military/industrial buddies' pockets.

Yea, I'm throwing the yellow bull$hit flag....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 12/15/15 at 18:48:47

Webby..... you like flags or sumtin?  Grin

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 12/16/15 at 09:27:04

Hey, I call 'em like I see 'em.

the idea that 'we know for sure they knew something big was about to happen and sat on their hands so Cheney could make money'  is monumentally stupid.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 12/16/15 at 10:01:29

Yeah, that is prolly true, but it doesn't sell newspapers 😜

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/21/24 at 12:50:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › From ABC news.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.