Send Topic Print
Heartwarming words (Read 147 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Heartwarming words
12/09/15 at 08:25:49

e sheriff also spoke directly to President Obama, reminding him of the importance of the Second Amendment and that an attempt to confiscate Americans’ firearms would “cause a revolution.”
“Now, Mr. Obama, you need to understand what the Second Amendment is for. It is not for hunting. It is there for the American people to protect themselves against the criminal elements, to protect themselves from terrorists and radical ideology and it’s also there to protect us against the government that has over reached its power.
“You are not our potentate, sir. You are our servant to serve and protect us first, and I suggest sir, since you’re a constitutional expert that you better review our history on the Constitution and understand that we are a free people and we are subject to no one other than the Almighty God and Jesus Christ the King.
“And as such sir, I strongly encourage you to trust the law-abiding American citizen because you won’t fail in that and we won’t let you down.
“But if you try to disarm us, sir, then you will cause a revolution in this country to occur. So, please revise your thinking because we are not your enemy, the law-abiding gun owner in this country.”
The call to arms follows others from sheriffs across the country, including one from Kentucky, Boone County Sheriff Michael Helmig, who told licensed residents it was their “responsibility to carry their firearm.”

From a North Texas Sheriff...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Heartwarming words
Reply #1 - 12/09/15 at 09:02:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/09/15 at 08:25:49:
...you better review our history on the Constitution and understand that we are a free people and we are subject to no one other than the Almighty God and Jesus Christ the King.

Grin Grin Grin...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 12/09/15 at 09:31:55

You too might benefit from the history and base of the legal system and founding principles.

Yet again, you've latched on to the One part , ignoring the whole of the meaning and content, because you see a few words you can ridicule.

We go down together. Or, we stay afloat. When will the direction become obvious for everyone?  Bubs and Dems HATE the Constitution. We need to get it back.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 12/09/15 at 20:05:18

Anything? What about the Core of what he said? Anyone?

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #4 - 12/09/15 at 20:55:25

Northfield, MN   September 7th 1876
Coffeeville, KS   October      5th 1892
This is NOT the same society as existed at that time.  In this society very few of the citizens who have weapons can be trusted to act responsibly in the situations of those natures..    

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 12/09/15 at 22:52:39

That's an opinion. Not one to just erase the rights of the People.

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #6 - 12/10/15 at 08:44:09

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/09/15 at 22:52:39:
That's an opinion. Not one to just erase the rights of the People.

What I am saying is that having a weapon and possessing the experience, skill and mature sense of RESPONABILITY to utilize it properly are NOT mutually  inclusive........  Just because I have the financial and legal ability to obtain the latest wiz-bang-go-faster  200 horsepower superbike is no indication that I possess the skills to jockey it down the road to it's full potential.      

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #7 - 12/10/15 at 08:53:30

+1...

EDIT... made a redundant post,.. corrected it... Embarrassed...

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/10/15 at 11:10:08

Serowbot wrote on 12/10/15 at 08:53:30:
+1...

EDIT... made a redundant post,.. corrected it... Embarrassed...

There he goes again, in favor of bombing...

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/13/15 at 06:53:50

Ya know, considering that the country's just over run by idiots, maybe guns are a bad idea.
But, I suggest you guys understand the mindset of the men who , didn't Give, but guaranteed, our Rights. If I intended to ride a 200 MPH bike, it's My responsibility to either learn how or be prepared to pay the consequences, should I get in over my head.
The Notion that I or someone else Shouldn't be allowed to buy one, because some moron bought one and crashed it is ludicrous and to pretend that because someone might not be perfect with a gun means no one should have them is equally, if not more so ridiculous.
It's Not a perfect world and no laws or restrictions will make it so.
The car jacking fad ended, only AFTER a few car jackers got gut shot.
How many cops have wrongly shot someone? Yet, Tis I, who should be disarmed. Because of someone else's fear that I might not be perfect with the gun.
How many are imperfect with the car? Shall we ban the car?

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #10 - 12/13/15 at 07:37:16

old.indian wrote on 12/09/15 at 20:55:25:
This is NOT the same society as existed at that time.  In this society very few of the citizens who have weapons can be trusted to act responsibly in the situations of those natures..    

you're joking right?  Shocked

There are 21.8 million veterans of the U.S. armed forces as of 2014, according the Census Bureau, approximately 10 percent of whom are women. To put that in context there are 319.2 million Americans, according to the bureau.

and that's just VETS. Not counting all those who HUNT and are law abiding citizens who CAN handle themselves.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #11 - 12/13/15 at 08:44:55

DesertRat wrote on 12/13/15 at 07:37:16:
old.indian wrote on 12/09/15 at 20:55:25:

you're joking right?  Shocked

There are 21.8 million veterans of the U.S. armed forces as of 2014, according the Census Bureau, approximately 10 percent of whom are women. To put that in context there are 319.2 million Americans, according to the bureau.

and that's just VETS. Not counting all those who HUNT and are law abiding citizens who CAN handle themselves.

Joking ????
He## NO !!!!   I spent 4 months as a weapons instructor at Camp Pendleton...... Dropped grenades, loaded weapons in my face, etc. etc... Of the 21.8 million vets, how many have actual weapons TRAINNING, NOT "familiarization" ... Combat TRAINNING   ????
I have a friend who is a Police  weapons trainer and range officer back east, and his tales of veteran police officers attempted violence and mayhem on their selves and/or fellows around them.. Muzzle down, (in the dirt) use handgun as support to rise from prone position..... Misfire? Lower weapon, eject round with finger on trigger, weapon fires missing officer on your right's foot by two inches.  
Hunters ???? There was a farmer who painted "C O W" on old bossy in the barn yard .... I needn't tell the rest....  Undecided   And NO I wouldn't go hunting with   ex VP Cheney either........

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #12 - 12/13/15 at 09:29:06

Deaths and Mortality:
Number of deaths: 2,596,993
Death rate: 821.5 deaths per 100,000 population
Life expectancy: 78.8 years
Infant Mortality rate: 5.96 deaths per 1,000 live births

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
Heart disease: 611,105
Cancer: 584,881
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 149,205
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 130,557
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 128,978
Alzheimer's disease: 84,767
Diabetes: 75,578
Influenza and Pneumonia: 56,979
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 47,112
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 41,149

Let's go after the medical industry, THEY are the 3rd Leading Cause of Death in the United States via MALPRACTICE. That is the facts.

I'll take my chances being armed and trained.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 12/13/15 at 09:44:23

Not so worried about someone hurting themselves,...
...worried about them hurting me...
I have a different standard of training for that... Grin...

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #14 - 12/13/15 at 09:56:52

The numbers don't lie. I have better odds ARMED in public than going to the doctor.

All injury deaths
Number of deaths: 192,945
Deaths per 100,000 population: 60.2

All poisoning deaths
Number of deaths: 48,545
Deaths per 100,000 population: 15.4

All Drug poisoning deaths
Deaths per 100,000 population: 13.9

Motor vehicle traffic deaths
Number of deaths: 33,804
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.7

All firearm deaths
Number of deaths: 33,636
Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.6

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/26/24 at 08:36:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Heartwarming words

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.