Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Say Hello to Lily!
Reply #15 - 02/16/16 at 10:19:45

Little Lily is growing up.....she has been a member of our family for about 10 weeks.  She has gone from the 12 pounds when we picked her up - to about 35 pounds.  She is becoming a good "garage' dog, and getting used to all the noises I make when working.

I somehow caught a cold from somebody, and yesterday afternoon I was exhausted and went home to crash on the couch.  Lily and the cat Boo enjoyed having me home in the daytime, and did their best to keep me warm. (My foot is sticking out of the blanket on the lower left side of the photo). 

Lily_and_Boo_001.jpg

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #16 - 02/16/16 at 13:32:46

She's a good looking dog. Interesting coloration on the ears and around the eyes.
My dogs want out when I start grinding or hammering.
It's nice that they keep you company while you're not feeling well, but , aren't they supposed to go for help? Maybe you can get some Lassie reruns on and teach her. Show her a few, get out behind the shop, pull a classic
Slip and Fall

Lili, go get help..

See what happens..

I can see the cat laughing....

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
pg
Serious Thumper

In Transit
Reply #17 - 02/16/16 at 15:18:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/16/16 at 13:32:46:
I can see the cat laughing....

The cat knows it's in charge.   Wink

Best regards,

I don't make the rules, I just know what they are.....

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 02/17/16 at 05:31:17

Nice family photo Dave !

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #19 - 02/17/16 at 07:10:08

D'awww

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #20 - 03/08/16 at 08:12:18

Lily is growing up and she has gone from 12 pounds at 7 weeks old to about 45 pounds at 18 weeks...we anticipate 70-80 pounds when fully grown, She is becoming a good buddy while I am in the garage, while doing yard work, or just hanging out.  She really loves our trip to the Dog Park....she is learning how to play well with others, and is learning not to be afraid of other dogs.  She is still very submissive when the really big dogs get a bit rough - and that is probably a very good thing!  Sometimes you need to walk away from trouble!

IP Logged
Art Webb
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

columbus, Texas
Reply #21 - 03/08/16 at 08:26:33

Dat purty baby

IP Logged
DesertRat
Serious Thumper

I love rat bikes!

Arizona
Reply #22 - 03/08/16 at 09:21:30

Dave, beautiful dog. We had a Rottweiler, long ago, named Timex. I miss that dog.

-The silence of indifference makes cowards of men.
- http://www.pipeburn.com/home/category/rat
  IP Logged
Ed L.
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

"We All go a
Little Crazy
Sometimes"
Norman Bates

Sunny Florida
Reply #23 - 03/08/16 at 10:08:46

Beautiful puppy you have there Dave, it's a commitment but well worth it. We lost our 14 year old Australian Sheppard in August and only have one now who is 2 years old. Been looking around for a second one and found a little girl puppy which we will be picking up in about five weeks.
 Luck with the new kid, they become family.

Silver '02, clubman handle bars, Cobra headlight, Sportster muffler, K+N stock air filter, 152.5 main, Superbrace, oil cooler, 1/2 inch aluminium plate forward controls, spark advance, goes like stink
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #24 - 03/08/16 at 10:15:43

I just found the photo of our previous dog Sarah with that same Siamese cat....they were best buddies.  Sarah was about 5 years old and the cat was brand new.....now the cat is a lot older and is breaking in a new dog!

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #25 - 03/08/16 at 12:35:32

Our cat lived through 2 Golden retrievers and 1 Newfie; but as the first of the Goldens tried to retrieve the cat, she really didn't like the dogs that much.  Female doggies wander much less than their male counterparts. Good looking critters, congrats.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #26 - 03/08/16 at 19:59:43

Dave

That dog looks like she has a gentile personality , you ought to be proud !   Looking forward to meeting her in August .  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 03/09/16 at 03:51:27

It is interesting how different our previous dog Sarah and new dog Lily are:

Our previous dog Sarah was a Black and Tan Coonhound, and she passed away about 1.5 years ago.  She was our dog for 15 years and she was a really special girl.  Sarah was extremely gentle and easy going - but she was fearless.  She would never provoke or start a fight - but she would never back down from anything.  The few times that another dog started a fight with her...she came out on top.  You only had about 8 seconds to get your message to Sarah....as her mind would wander away after that length of time - she had no desire to chase a ball...she did like playing tug of war with a rope.  Her sense of smell was incredible, she would be laying asleep on the living room floor and suddenly jump up and want to be let outside - and when we looked out the window there would be a deer 1/4 mile away in the hayfield.

Lily has a lot more energy and is just a bit too rough with the cat.  She drags him around by the neck...the cat puts up with it, and we are trying really hard to teach Lily to be more gentle.  Lily started out being very timid, and she is very submissive to anything and anyone.  She is gradually getting more bold as we keep taking her to a dog park to get her socialized and more confident.  A couple days ago she actually chased 2 deer away from our bird feeder.....and just stood and watched as a flock of turkey flew up into the trees when we surprised them on a walk (a few weeks ago Lily would have put her tail between her legs and run to the porch at almost any sound or movement).  She is learning that she has some authority in our yard, and that squirrels and deer can be chased out of the yard.  She has a lot more focus, energy and attention span that Sarah.  Lily loves to fetch a ball and do any kind of play.  If I am picking up sticks in the yard Lily will wrestle one away from me and run off with her new toy......then come back a few minutes later to steal another one away from me, and only about 80% of the sticks every make it to the burn pile.

Lily is a great puppy, and is going to be a great dog and family member, and she is going to love sleeping with MMRanch in his tent!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #28 - 03/09/16 at 05:57:39

Doggy treats, you carry stick, lily carries a stick.
You toss yours in. Help her drop hers in.
Treat time.
Sounds like a rearfine animal. I've been privileged to have shared the lives of two very fine dogs. I miss them both.
Both were mixed breed.
Shepard/Beagle, had the dark sadde,green eyes, red nose,short back legs, looked like a forklift. Very smart dog.
Weimeriner/ Boxer, ad in paper, free puppies. This guy saw me, walked right up to me, sat down, looked up. All the other puppies were playing or running around, AND this one had a bobbed off tail.  Boy, what a good dog he was. Times change, lives change, but, fond memories remain. Dogs are sure a source of fond memories to collect.
Thanks for the update, Dave. Keep us up to speed with her progress.
Are you doing ANY leash work.
I don't do that out where We live, but I did with the Weimeneriner/ Boxer. Take walks a few blocks away, cut him loose, tell him
Go home
He would Run home and be inside the gate, sitting, waiting for me to come close it.
Shake car ke y s, say
Let's go
He'd run and jump in the car window.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #29 - 03/09/16 at 06:19:16

Yep....we are working on the leash and will eventually graduate to "heel" without a leash.  Lily is just a bit too young and peppy to understand the need to stay right at my side when were are walking - but I am sure she will learn before long.  I do take her with me to Tractor Supply, the hardware store, auto parts store.....any place I am running errands that doesn't mind if you bring your dog inside.

Monday night I was able to get Lily to "catch" a ball in her mouth 3 times....which is not always a natural thing for dogs.  Sarah never did get it....she would open her mouth and try to catch things - but she never understood how to watch and follow the motion - if you threw it exactly right and the timing was perfect it would land in her mouth - but she couldn't do anything to move her head and mouth to help.  She just wasn't wired well for coordination - too many of her wires were redirected to operate her nose!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 14:28:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › Say Hello to Lily!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.